Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Broadband

• 18-06-2004 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Does anyone have any links or info on radio broadband. I have heard that weather conditions can connections. Anyone here use the IrishBroad Band service ?
    If so were there any problems ? The thought of getting BB without paying for a phoneline I don't want, sounds sweet.

cheers,
    MB

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Their website www.irishbroadband.ie has details and documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mbstard

Thanks. I had a read through their site. I am a bit sceptical of claims on their own website.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Originally posted by mbstard
    Thanks. I had a read through their site. I am a bit sceptical of claims on their own website.
    Which claims? And i can pretty much guarentee you that weather has next to no impact on the connection. A severe blizzard might, but the odds of that are slim to none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    And i can pretty much guarentee you that weather has next to no impact on the connection.
    Unless the wind knocks your antennae out of alignment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Or it gets struck by lightning. :(

Normal weather has no impact on it from what I've seen. Been with them since October 2002, they've had their bad patches but I'd recommend them without hesitation now. They've even sorted their tech support out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Unless the wind knocks your antennae out of alignment!

That is only going to happen in severe winds and is not something that they can really protect it against,

Advertisement