Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good News For / From Eircom (SAT Broadband)

• 18-06-2004 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Some very interesting news I have to share. I dont think its been posted before so here you go.

(Broadband Satellite One-way & Two-way)

1. 100% Coverage for Ireland

OK so for one-way:

Broadband Satellite Starter: 512K Down, 33-128K up; Download 250mb/month; connection €350; 24.79/month

Broadband Satellite Starter Plus: 512K Down, 33-128K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €350; 45.45/month

Broadband Satellite Enhanced: 1mb Down, 33-128K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €350; 66.12/month

Two way stat:

Broadband Satellite Starter: 512K Down, 128K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €1892; 127/month (Single User)

Broadband Satellite Starter: 1mb Down, 128K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €1892; 204/month (Single User)

Broadband Satellite Plus: 512K Down, 128K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €2162; 161/month (5 User)

Broadband Satellite Plus: 1mb Down, 128K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €2162; 204/month (5 User)

Broadband Satellite Enhanced: 2mb Down, 256K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €7365; 447/month (5+ User)

Broadband Satellite Enhanced: 4mb Down, 1mb up; Download unlimited/month; connection €8108; 655/month (unlimited User)

FWA Packet:

512K Down, 64K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €605; 45/month

OK plp, Did you see those prices looks like the rip off machine is still very much alive.

Launch Dates: 2 way:,15 April;

One way FWA 29th April.

What is up with the connection fees

E.g. Broadband Satellite Enhanced: 4mb Down, 1mb up; Download unlimited/month; connection €8108; 655/month (5 User)

Its only a sat eircom get it together, Over in holland you can get 4mb/ 1mb for €60/month

Thanks JoePC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

are u sure about those unlimited caps?

all satellite providers have awfully low caps because of the price they have to pay for bandwidth chunks, how can eircom allow unlimited?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its been posted here before with the exception of the prices but its much too expensive for many people and useless for gamers and any latancy based programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Yes the Unlimited caps are correct,

Ping times do suck with sat, still tho Coverage for all of ireland,

It would be better if they sorted out the ground infastructure instead of jumping to air, but at least everyone can have broadband.

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by joePC
    Hi all,

Some very interesting news I have to share. I dont think its been posted before so here you go.

FWA Packet:

512K Down, 64K up; Download unlimited/month; connection €605; 45/month

This FWA package is actually 3.5Ghz

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

FWA? fixed wireless i presume yes?

I.E like the service Irish Broadband Provide? if so what sort of availability?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Satellite will never ever become viable for home users, just forget about it. If you go for the one way system, you still have to keep the modem, which means actual costs are EUR24.79 a month PLUS an extra charge for the dialup modem, which you need to have online to use the internet. And that only gives you 33k upload... to get 128kbps upload you need ISDN, which is even more money and install expense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What a weird definition of 'Good News' you have.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

by the way, it was posted already, and we all had a good giggle about how eircom can now say that they have 100% converage throughout ireland, whereas realistically no home user can afford the expense of satellite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

OK plp dont attack the messenger im just giving the info, I think its a total rip off myself but im sure for some plp it will be good news.

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

where did you get the info Joe ? Can you link it for me pls. The FWA product is available in 40 towns or so....many rural.

Tip, can you see a big red/white Eircom tower from your house :D

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

*looks out window* hmmm always wondered what that was and what the sleeping guys in the eircom vans had to do with it :)

Any lists ? ive email eircon but knowing them they will tell me to ring number xyz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Blitz
    and what the sleeping guys in the eircom vans had to do with it :)
    THEY ARE WORKING!:rolleyes:, come on Blitz!

Advertisement