Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing from baulk after foul

Options
  • 18-06-2004 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I've never nailed down the ruling on this:

Opponent pots the white ball. You then place the white ball in the baulk (inside the semi-circle or just behind the line?)

Do you have to play down the table and make contact with your ball after the baulk?Or can you just play in any direction?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I take it that it's in snooker you're talking about.
    Originally posted by Mickah
    inside the semi-circle or just behind the line?

You must place the white ball inside the semi-circle (also known as the "D")
    Originally posted by Mickah
    Do you have to play down the table and make contact with your ball after the baulk?Or can you just play in any direction?

You can play away in any direction you like. (ie. back table is allowed)

Hope that helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

no it was pool i was talking about! should have mentioned that

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

there are differnt pool rules which one do you play?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

As tuxx says there's a few different types, you can find some of the rules on the Snooker/Pool Links page. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Yeah I looked at the Irish Pool Association rules:

2 a) The Cue Ball may be played in any direction.

Just wondering if that means what i asked earlier, if opponent pots the white you can play in any direction from the baulk.

And does that mean placing the white ball anywhere behind the baulk line? Or just within the semi circle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Mickah
    play in any direction from inside the D.
    Mark

Advertisement