Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayne Rooney

• 18-06-2004 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

It seems the English Tabloid's collective wet dream has come true in Wayne "The Child ProdigyTM" Rooney.

I cannot believe the complete overkill they are continuing with since the start of Euro2004. If the papers are to be believed, he single handedly tore France to shreds, and scored the two best goals anyone has ever seen against Switzerland. A header my granny would have netted, and a shot that hit the post and bounced back off the 'keepers noggin.

Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ah let them have their 15 minutes of glory.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

In comparison to the rest of their attack he probably seems like a god to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

he's a knacker, petulant little sod who is going to cost his nation way worse than Beckahm did against Argentina. Some of his tackles are a disgrace, and no tabloid is willing to notice.

They always need some1 to put on a pedestal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Just building him up for that peno :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by seansouth
    It seems the English Tabloid's collective wet dream has come true in Wayne "The Child ProdigyTM" Rooney.

I cannot believe the complete overkill they are continuing with since the start of Euro2004. If the papers are to be believed, he single handedly tore France to shreds, and scored the two best goals anyone has ever seen against Switzerland. A header my granny would have netted, and a shot that hit the post and bounced back off the 'keepers noggin.

Opinions?

If the English tabloids annoy you that much don't read them

Tabloids by their nature go way over the top on stuff like this, the ordinary fans know the real story

It would be exactly the same here if Rooney was Irish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Rooney is the personification of every lad on the estate who kicks a ball about the place (really pissing off the neighbours!) he is everyman well everyboy
    and thats why they love him. He refelcts the readership.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think hes been oustatanding but I think hes done very well considering he is 18 and been thrown in at the deep end!

I think he is going to get very good if he can secure a move to a decent club in about 2 years time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rooney, although a class player with a slight temperament problem is the just the Tabloid's latest "House of Cards", i.e. they're just building him up before they knock him down!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

In all fairness, were the same player Irish, and it the Irish rags jizzing themselves over his performance at a major international tournement, would this thread be made?

I think some of us need to lose the chips off our shoulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Well, Duff and Keane were the stars of the Irish team at the last WC and were 23 and 21 respectively. The media were certainly not going that mad over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Rooney a prodigy? Hmm, I think he's an outstanding player but he's got his flaws. His work rate isn't too great at times, his temperment can get the better of him too and if things aren't going his way he tends to disapear from a game. Having said that, he's a highly talented player and as I thought, he's overshadowed a lacklustre Michael Owen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Just building him up for that peno

HAHAHAHAHA :D:D

seriously, rooney is probably the best player on their side on terms of individual skill. I rate him. However he looks like a potato man with a bad temper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    Rooney a prodigy? Hmm, I think he's an outstanding player but he's got his flaws. His work rate isn't too great at times

a lot of the time this is true but so far in this tournament he has tracked back and harried midfielders and won the ball a lot .His work rate so far is excellent to say the least .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

That tackle he made yesterday on the Switzerland keeper Stiel was a disgrace. Stiel basically said after the game the only reason Rooney walked away from that tackle unhurt was because he was a boy, but if he were a few years older he’d have been taken off on a stretcher. Someday he's going to get as good as he gives. To be fair he has been by far the best England player in the past two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Heil Stiel!!! :D

Had to laugh at his "**** happens" remark in response to the english interviewer questioning him about rooneys goal!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Awaiting his inevitable downfall...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Big Ears
    a lot of the time this is true but so far in this tournament he has tracked back and harried midfielders and won the ball a lot .His work rate so far is excellent to say the least .

There were times when he seemed a little lethargic, strolling around the pitch when he should have been in the box collecting crosses. Watch him the next time he plays, he doesn't actually do all that much running, maybe that's a strength?

Advertisement