Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bringing ipod back from usa, power cable

Options
  • 18-06-2004 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

am i right in saying that, if you bring an ipod back from the states, you just have to buy a new power suply cable?

other than that, it will work fine...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i would think a voltage adaptor that would sort out the voltage differences would be all you need but i may be wrong

alternatively if you have firewire on your computer the ipod charges when connected to the firewire port

however i've heard people recommend you charge through the mains as this is better for some reason??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I brought mine back from America too.. All you need is USA -> UK adapter - you can pick them up in Argos or hardware shops like Decwells in town for a few €'s. The firewire on my laptop doesn't charge the ipod - I think that only works for Macs. You can get a combo cable from the apple website that is usb and firewire so you can charge the ipod and have it connected to the pc at the same time. Oh and there's cool jelly skins you can get too - they fit over the ipod and stop it getting scratched.. Ipods are great alienhead - once you get it you'll LOVE it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by tk123
    I brought mine back from America too.. All you need is USA -> UK adapter - you can pick them up in Argos or hardware shops like Decwells in town for a few €'s. The firewire on my laptop doesn't charge the ipod - I think that only works for Macs. You can get a combo cable from the apple website that is usb and firewire so you can charge the ipod and have it connected to the pc at the same time. Oh and there's cool jelly skins you can get too - they fit over the ipod and stop it getting scratched.. Ipods are great alienhead - once you get it you'll LOVE it!

i charge my ipod with firewire through the pc but you need one of the larger firewire ports 9pin is it? as opposed to what may be on the laptop 4 or 5 pin is it? which don't charge them i believe.

the nice jelly skins are called the iskins i have one of them myself they cost bout 50euro including delivery from england, you might get it in the states cheaper

I got mine from this place - $25

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

I have an ipod 20Gb which I bought in the states and I charge it using the supplied AC adaptor (it works for both 220V & 110V - by really neat design)
    You just pop the two-pin head off to reveal a figure-8 socket which a standard flex from a radio/cd-player uses for power...
    superb design.

• Advertisement

OMG!!! I never thought of just plugging a lead in there!! Cheers hefty_langer !!!!!!!!!

Advertisement