Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant finishing on the bubble, or near it

Options
  • 18-06-2004 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Playing online poker in single table sit & gos or multitable tournaments, it seems to me that I finished 4th or 5th (usually 4th) on the single table, where the top 3 get paid, or just outside the money on the bigger tournies e.g. the pokerroom Plus 500 last night where I came 42nd out of 400, with the top 40 getting paid, about 80% of the time :mad:

I play what I imagine is quite tight but invariably seem to approach the bubble small stacked and then get blinded out or manage to pick the wrong hand to make a stand e.g. in that Plus 500 tournie I had about 970 left when the blinds went to 300/600 and had just got the button so I could survive two rounds of the table and decided to try and fold my way into the cash.

There was 55 players left at this point and at the hand before the big blind reached me again there was 42 left, I got pocket 9s and went all in, only to be busted by AQ or something. In that time I had folded AQ, KJ and similar hands.

Should I be loosening up or tightening further at that stage considering I'm short stacked? I suppose folding your way into the money is really only an option when you have loads of chips :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sirchancealot

Tighten up around 50th if 40 pay let others make the mistakes.When you get closer to the bubble attack the stacks that are in danger of becoming the short stack,not the short stack itself.If you are the short stack then go all in on any pair, any ace, any 2 face cards but preferably be first in rather than calling another all in.Stay away from the big stack period.

Advertisement