Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

What am i going to do to reward myself? Easy, buy a Sony Ericsson P900. It's coming next week or so :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Sounds like something I could almost talk my mother into! :D Ya genius.

Now to try and catch her when she is in a good mood....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    What am i going to do to reward myself? Easy, buy a Sony Ericsson P900. It's coming next week or so :D

Bah. The P900's been out for over a year and a half now. Close enough to two years in some parts. Just shows how slow we are to get non-mainstream phones over here.
    Sounds like something I could almost talk my mother into! Ya genius.

Now, if only I could somehow apply that genius to my physics revision...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by Mutant_Fruit
    thought iwas gonna pick meself up a cute boards women for me debs. DAMN YOU AGAIN FALSE TITLE!

I got driving lessons :D

Cute and boards? Women? Guffaw.

Nice gun btw

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Originally posted by oeNeo
    Cute and boards? Women? Guffaw.

What diya mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

well are there any cute guys here?? hmm i wonder........doubt it really

Originally posted by Jesjes
    What diya mean?

Many, many possibilities.
    One: His gun comment could suggest that the incoherent ramblings of the first line are references to americans who are slightly challeneged in the intelligence department
    Two: "Women?" could imply that he is unaware of the existence of these foreign creatures, instead he associates guns with the opposite sex; hence "Nice gun btw"
    Three: "Nice gun bte" could imply some kind of sexual innuendo towards Mr. Whitman, possibly of a homosexual nature. This explanation would also tie in nicely with his sig.
    Four: He doesn't think there are any nice women on boards.

It could be any of the above.

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Many, many possibilities.
    One: His gun comment could suggest that the incoherent ramblings of the first line are references to americans who are slightly challeneged in the intelligence department
    Two: "Women?" could imply that he is unaware of the existence of these foreign creatures, instead he associates guns with the opposite sex; hence "Nice gun btw"
    Three: "Nice gun bte" could imply some kind of sexual innuendo towards Mr. Whitman, possibly of a homosexual nature. This explanation would also tie in nicely with his sig.
    Four: He doesn't think there are any nice women on boards.

It could be any of the above.

That's some good explaining.

Originally posted by Jesjes
    That's some good explaining.

Well, as you've pointed out before, I am a genius. :p

Bah. The P900's been out for over a year and a half now. Close enough to two years in some parts. Just shows how slow we are to get non-mainstream phones over here.

Now, if only I could somehow apply that genius to my physics revision...
    Are you sure you're not talking about the P800? The P900 was released in late October/Early November of 2003.

• Advertisement

Ya don't forget to easy, sure ya don't. Must be the whole genius thing working to your advantage. :)

So there isn't gonna be a board beers for leaving cert people eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

All I know is,

Im damb sexy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

well are there any cute guys here?? hmm i wonder........doubt it really

Ah, here, no need for that. I don't like to brag, but I am amazingly, outstandingly, jaw-droppingly good-looking.

Plus, why is everyone getting presents for finishing the LC?

I got nothing: I feel cheated.

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    Are you sure you're not talking about the P800? The P900 was released in late October/Early November of 2003.

Hmmm. Maybe it was the P800. I was wondering why it took *that* long for it to come out. But isn't it basically just a symbian PDA with a phone?

Hmmm. Maybe it was the P800. I was wondering why it took *that* long for it to come out. But isn't it basically just a symbian PDA with a phone?
    Yes, with a camera, and everything else a PDA has, it's the perfect phone! :)

Originally posted by Smellyirishman
    All I know is,

Im damn sexy :D

Me too. :D

i am sure everyone here is stunning in their own way-- i cant help my quips---comes with the territory...am a bit of a b***h these days anyway cos of the dreaded LC.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

im goin shoppin, gettin a fone, and a holiday.....:D

i dont think ill get anything till my results come out but i would like MONEY and maybe a nu pedal for my guitar---the sitar one --sounds groooooovvyww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Maybe i should make a new thread called "Are you sexy?" and make people prove their sexiness by putting up a picture of themselves in a revealing (or non-revealing, but wheres hte fun in that) posture. Of course, it can only be women... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

I did all three science subjects... wish I hadn't though. Don't get me wrong, I like them, and they're interesting and all, but if I'd done two and, say, a business subject or Music or Art, I think I'd have been better off.

i really do like science but im more inclined towards the ''living sciences''..........i love reading up about Einstein and all that but my lack of mathematical dexterity has warned me to stay away from physics....research will suit me down to the ground because i am always curious about EVERYTHING and always asking freaky questions that disturb or intrigue me.........for eg....how do you hear inside your head--you know how you speak in your mind--are you ''imagining'' the words or just actually hearing them--aghh...how do we ''see'' in our minds?!? its there but it is not...cogito ergo sum,sum ergo cogito

I`d be up for that ^^

tut tut you have a girlfriend;) anyway that would be really embarassing cos half f ireland is on this site ***the horror***:eek:

Ye ill put her pics up ;)

Originally posted by Cathy
    I did all three science subjects... wish I hadn't though. Don't get me wrong, I like them, and they're interesting and all, but if I'd done two and, say, a business subject or Music or Art, I think I'd have been better off.

Didn't they warn you about doing 3 science subjects when your were picking them? Usually they try real;ly hard to dissuade people from confining their choices to a specific area, especially if they have the option of doing business or geography or something a little more "everyday".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

DC154, Japanese(with first-year German) in DCU. w00t.

Didn't they warn you about doing 3 science subjects when your were picking them? Usually they try real;ly hard to dissuade people from confining their choices to a specific area, especially if they have the option of doing business or geography or something a little more "everyday".

Actually, I wanted to do Physics, Chemistry and Geography, but they couldn't fit it into the timetable so I had to do Biology - I'd put it down as a fourth choice. They didn't really care. Oh well.

Originally posted by Cathy
    Actually, I wanted to do Physics, Chemistry and Geography, but they couldn't fit it into the timetable so I had to do Biology - I'd put it down as a fourth choice. They didn't really care. Oh well.

It's no *huge* loss though... you don't actually need business or georgraphy or anything for any college courses. The general knowledge you get from them is useful/interesting, but alot of it you'll never use anyway.

• Advertisement

I suppose. And I did Business Studies, History, Geography and Technology for the Junior Cert, so I have some idea of what they're about. Still though, having three science subjects is a bit tough sometimes. Like now, when I should be learning my hundreds of definitions instead of checking my emails... :rolleyes:

Advertisement