Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next year?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

It's a pity they won't let you stick on a french module to your course and have an erasmus/socrates year towards the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Yeah, that'd be great. I wonder if you could? No harm looking into it. My sister spent a year in Italy as part of the Erasmus programme, and I visited her - it was great. She was twenty minutes by train from Milan... :ninja: which was great too. We were walking down the street and came across Blink 182 randomly. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The only winners here are the good people who weren't involved in that retarded flame war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

Oh, this thread is really a biting social commentary on the deep-rooted moral degradation of modern society, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

aihh it wasnt a war i was just exercising my ability to curse in spanish and irish...can come quite handy.........but above tis best to curse in german........fick du ...du bloden schafhund not directed to anyone ...heee hee:p :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

aihh it wasnt a war i was just exercising my ability to curse in spanish and irish...can come quite handy.........but above tis best to curse in german........fick du ...du bloden schafhund not directed to anyone ...heee hee

I find it much more fun to curse in Bosnian, you Supcino glupa!

Your post was foolish, Kurvo!

:-)

Not that I speak Bosnian, of course, but Altavista can be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

Im sexy. look at my sexy body

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Sexy man, sexy man, eating like a sexy man can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    If everything goes horribly wrong I'm slitting my wrists in the bath heh

Toxx clause.

Just did some calculations... my first choice is definetly gone. Gonna be about 20 points off. Fúck it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Just did some calculations... my first choice is definetly gone. Gonna be about 20 points off. Fúck it anyway.

Nothing's definite. Points for the course could go down, your estimation could be off.... you can't be 100% sure of anything until you've got your results and the course offers are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    i really do like science but im more inclined towards the ''living sciences''..........i love reading up about Einstein and all that but my lack of mathematical dexterity has warned me to stay away from physics....research will suit me down to the ground because i am always curious about EVERYTHING and always asking freaky questions that disturb or intrigue me.........for eg....how do you hear inside your head--you know how you speak in your mind--are you ''imagining'' the words or just actually hearing them--aghh...how do we ''see'' in our minds?!? its there but it is not...cogito ergo sum,sum ergo cogito
    Hey I like you. How do you know you're thinking & that you're not just hearing the thoughts of someone else echoed into your own mind to make it seem like you're thinking? Seriously, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And you don't know if there's any world out there at all or if your mind is just bored & making up this whole "reality" thing, matrix-style. And maybe the matrix is a message from your subconscious telling you about it. Ha ha philosophy blackbelt here I come... :ninja:

Originally posted by claire h
    Nothing's definite. Points for the course could go down, your estimation could be off.... you can't be 100% sure of anything until you've got your results and the course offers are out.

Well no. I need 500 points, which I can't get now because I have a fairly accurate view of how I did. I will get a max of 480 points, because I'm definetly not going to do any better in Physics or applied this week. The points for the course never go down, they've went up by at least 5-10 points or remained the same every year so far. There could be some kind of miracle where I actually get an A1 in Maths, Physics and Applied and get the points, but it's doubtfu;/impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

on average the points will go down this year, as there are less people sitting the leaving cert this year. Obviously some courses will go up ornot be affected, but on average, everythings going down. Remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

HEY PENGUINCAKES:) do a course in philosophy because you get to argue about everything and live in a state of constant confusion!!--thats what a freind of mine says about it---shes doin it in UCC---i think ill keep it as a hobby cos i d say id end up going and living in the himalayan mountains with the buddhists if i got too much into it asa career;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Micheal Wittman
    Hi all,

Forgive me if this is off topic but we all need a little r&r from the Lc.
    Anyway i just want to know what you guys all think of my nice new WW2 German MP40 PFC blowback version!.

Its a present i got off my parents for working hard etc....

So what have you guys all got planned to reward yourselves?

Trips abroad, taking a year off etc

*!Please note this is not pellet gun.....just an exspensive replica that fires blanks!*

Herr Krupp of Essen
    eh, not to interrupt the nice flame war thats going on here, but was just wondering where you bought this from?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

your ma said i was sexy last night......

(i'm sorry, it had to be said)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    go n-ithe an chat thu agus go n-ithe an chat an diabhal;)

Lol. It's ment to be the other way around ;) The devil should eat the cat....

I feel so much sexier now that the DAMN leaving cert is over.

YEAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

I can't wait until tomorrow at 17.00... I will be finished secondary school forever! 19 hours, 30 minutes, 24 seconds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Can't wait till friday... finished.. oh wait so will everyone in the country.. yey?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Can't wait till friday... finished.. oh wait so will everyone in the country.. yey?

Nope, Ancient Greek goes on untill 17:00 - us applied mathematicians only go until 16:30. We wait this long, and then they go and steal all the glory of being the last ever exam of 2004. Bastards.

i know someone doing both....

wont be out till 9pm

BURN!

How can you do both? They are on at the same time

Originally posted by agent smith
    i know someone doing both....

wont be out till 9pm

BURN!

Errrrr, yeah. Think about that for a second.

you do one, 20 min break where you cant leave the room, then do the other!

Originally posted by agent smith
    you do one, 20 min break where you cant leave the room, then do the other!

So, do you have many of these friends? Maybe some voices in your head too?

PS: Applied finishes at 16:30. 16:30 + 20 minutes = 16:50. That means Ancient Greek would be on untill 19:50. With an examiner, assistant and school liason working untill 20:00 at least. Yeah, that's really going to happen.

BUSTED.

So, do you have many of these friends? Maybe some voices in your head too?

PS: Applied finishes at 16:30. 16:30 + 20 minutes = 16:50. That means Ancient Greek would be on untill 19:50. With an examiner, assistant and school liason working untill 20:00 at least. Yeah, that's really going to happen.

Um... it does. I know someone who does both those subjects as well. The Department schedule the exams so that there's a minimum of students who get caught out like this, but they have to provide an examiner for the few people who take both exams. I'm not sure why you're so skeptical about this, it is what happens.

Originally posted by claire h
    I'm not sure why you're so skeptical about this, it is what happens.

Well, maybe I mistook his exaggeration of the time as being a general exaggeration about the whole thing. Maybe he just can't add. Who knows?

• Advertisement

Well, maybe I mistook his exaggeration of the time as being a general exaggeration about the whole thing. Maybe he just can't add. Who knows?

Surely an inability to add is no reason to suggest that someone's friends exist only in their heads... ;)

The girl I know doing it isn't out 'til 9, I think they get longer than twenty minutes of a break - an hour or so, I'm guessing, seeing as that's the minimum time that's left between all the exams normally.

Advertisement