Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next year?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by claire h
    Surely an inability to add is no reason to suggest that someone's friends exist only in their heads... ;)

I think I'm just suspicious of people who don't like maths. Big freaks :p.
    The girl I know doing it isn't out 'til 9, I think they get longer than twenty minutes of a break - an hour or so, I'm guessing, seeing as that's the minimum time that's left between all the exams normally.

Seems a bit much, keeping them in all evening like that. Especially if they're confined to the exam centre. I'm also kinda surprised that the department would pay a superintendent to work untill that time... there must be major overtime there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Seems a bit much, keeping them in all evening like that. Especially if they're confined to the exam centre. I'm also kinda surprised that the department would pay a superintendent to work untill that time... there must be major overtime there.

Not like they really have a choice, though. Besides, overtime on that kind of pay still isn't all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm doing Applied Maths and Ancient Greek. I have to do Applied first then I get a supervised two hour break then at 6.30 I do my Greek paper and then I'm finished at half nine. Was only gonna get an hour in between but if you're normally doing a 2.30 hr paper then a 3hr one you always get 2 hours break so they gave it to me. The department won't move grrek til the morning and wouldn't change the timetable even though we had asked them to move it before the timetable for 2004 was even made. So there you go!

Advertisement