Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First attempt at the hippity hop

• 18-06-2004 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

hey sorry if this is considered advertising or something i just finished a new hip hop kinda track hasnt got any rapping or anything on the top if any budding mcs wanted to try putting some vocals over it itd be cool or any criticism or anything would be appreciated. i realise the samples are used in a bit of a corny fashion but it was my first time using samples so i got a bit carried away:) kinda stuff id like to here over it would be j5, tribe called quest, de la soul, abdominal, beasties, that kinda thing not too pushed on the oul gangsta ass mofos style but hey id be grateful if anyone though it worthy of their attention:)
    anyway if you wanna have a listen and then post some abuse up here feel free
    www.geocities.com/ogy42/ogymusic.html
    the track is called please please please the other tunes on the page have hip hop/electro influences but not really hip hop at all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

your bandwidth isnt going to last pissing time on geocities,
    try zipping the track and putting it on your boards webspace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Please please please reminds me of downtempo dance/recent moby stuff more than any Hip Hop artist.
    not a bad track though, the samples are overdone a bit, but i remember from pissing around with samplers in the past how hard it is to restrain yourself :)

meonlyfull is a bit self-indulgent imo. reminds me of being off my head on aerosols and playing with random presets on a keyboard..... great days....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

hey cheers for the hosting man fair play
    i agree about the samples but as i sad my first time using samples so got a bit carreid away:)
    i agree that me only full is totally self indulgent was recorded while i was totally locked playing slide guitar with a ligther lying on the ground just up there for a laff really:)
    thanks for the feedback
    ogy

Advertisement