Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice with iol billing

Options
  • 18-06-2004 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

i got dsl a few months ago
    at that stage i canceled by iol nolimits account by sending them a letter which they have acknowledged over the phone to have recieved

but still months later im getting bills from them
    i ring the up each time i get a bill and they say it was a mistake and they will sort it out for me

but now im getting warning letters about not paying
    ringing them does no good writing to them does no good

so what should i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I took them months too disconnect my no limits account too - they refunded it all in the end. Maybe ring and get a name - that way you have a contact so you'll be able to speak to them and they'll know what the situation is - instead of having to explain each time??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Do you still have a copy of the cancellation letter you sent them?

I would be inclined to send a registered letter with a copy of it to the Chief Executive telling him of your situation and also telling him that you are fed up with their incompetence and that you are also sending copies to comreg the director of consumer affairs and all of the national newspapers. Point out that in the current atmosphere where overcharging is such a live topic you are sure they will all be interested in hearing of more incompetence.

The stories of IOL accounts department are now legendary. Their incompetence seems to be going on for years. Can anyone explain to me how a company with such an accounts department continues in business? Does anyone know if IOL actualy regards this as a major problem internally or are they oblivious to it? Have they ever had a go at sorting it all out?

Advertisement