Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sepp Blatter at 10 pm Network 2

• 18-06-2004 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

New TV series on tonight from 10 pm called
    The Beautiful Game starts with what sounds like a hatchet job on our glorious leader Sepp Blatter. Should be worth taping....

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

U might want to add in Jack Warner , and Robert Mugabe.

The whole thing is fecking corrupt , Blatter , and his Quatari friend just buy all the votes , and was I hearing correctly when Jack Warner said all Concebol(sp? , its the North American and carribean one ) votes go to Sepp Blatter . Which means he starts with 17% of the vote , plus with all the bribing of African nations (joint biggest federation with Europe , both have 52 nations ) and im sure a couple of Arab or Asian ones close to Quatar , Blatter may ony need 20/25% of votes that are bribed ,to be elected as FIFA president . Which means he will be there as long as he wants .

Yep you heard correct. He even talks like a mafia don with all this "if there is a problem in the family, we sort it out within the family" ie dont let the law get involved lest they charge me with corruption.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

I’m not sure who made the programme but there were no tough questions put to Blatter at all, and the references to the "family" were bizarre

The situation in Antigua was sad with all the money going missing, I suppose the programme just strengthens the fact the most people think FIFA is corrupt.

In the programme it said that Blatter was given a 1 year extension last year, does that me he is retiring this year?

The series is a euro mix of 3 or 4 stations. I doubt Blatter did'nt need to be asked anything too tough as his whole manner betrayed his character combined with the stories from Antigua and elsewhere.

Mike.

ps I did'nt know so many has-been footballers were picking up millions in the Gulf, talk about money for old rope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Was meaning to watch this but i fell asleep in the middle of it.

Its seems good. I mean the "family" were bugging me as well.

As well as the way he wants to stay in charge for another year. I mean he going to buy his way to bending the rules so he can stay on another year.

FIFA stink of corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Theres another one on next week about corruption in a different area of football . Before long we will have found out that U 5's games are being fixed and that people all over the place bribe their way to play on pub teams .

Advertisement