Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mob V Griffith College, Dublin - Charity Challenge sponsored by Gaming Club

• 18-06-2004 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

The Hendon Mob V Griffith College Dublin NLH Tournament and Charity Challenge sponsored by Gaming Club

On Thursday 24th June at 4pm at Griffith College, Dublin there will be a £10 NLH Poker Tournament (with one rebuy and one add-on) for students, which the Hendon Mob will take part in and Gaming Club have kindly added $600 in prize money ( $300 for 1st, $200 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd). All entry monies will also be distributed as prizes. All finalists will receive extra prizes, T-shirts and baseball caps.

Gaming Club will also give all students present $30 FREE in a Gaming Club account and all students will be invited to a private on-line event (re-match of sorts) at a later date.

Following this event the Hendon Mob V Griffith College Charity Challenge will take place. Gaming Club will give $500 to the Charity of choice of the winning team. The Hendon Mob will play a four person student team. Three of the team will be chosen by Stephen Stokes, Joint President / Sport & Societies Officer, Griffith College Dublin Students' Union and the fourth will be the winner of the £10 tournament.

For more information please contact Stephen Stokes or e-mail themob@thehendonmob.com

If that finishes early we could get The Mob to come up and play in the 250 at The Fitz, imagine that haha.

After reading it more closely it looks like the €10 Re-buy might be a students only event. I sent an e-mail to that Stephan guy to find out what the story is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

methinks of how to try and blag a way into that tournament

'yes sir i am a student here'

anything to try and scalp some hendon mobbers

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Why is it Student Only (if it is!) ?

Would love to have a go at this too! Wonder if we can swing something...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

I actually am still a student there, by default, but wont be able to make it so a valid student card is on offer to anyone who wants, assuming I can find the card...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hmmmmmmmmm would I pass for a student? I might be interested in that card...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Thanks for your email. The tournament is open to any student at any college. Feel free to bring any friends along. Don't worry too much if they've just finished college etc. Attached is a flyer for the event. See you Thursday.

Best wishes,

Steve Stokes
    Sports Officer
    Griffith College Dublin

Event Flyer
    http://members.boards.ie/daveydevil/Attention%20All%20Students.doc

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    Don't worry too much if they've just finished college etc.

That sounds like me. ;)
    All in.

"One re-buy or topup"? Sorry but that ruins the stark beauty of the game and I shan't be playing.

On second thoughts is anyone up to meet up and play in this? Any of our student players?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I might give it a go for a laugh. Have to be in the Fitz by 9.30 pm though so i'm unlikely to face off against the mob :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by DeVore
    On second thoughts is anyone up to meet up and play in this? Any of our student players?

Not that I'm a student (nor have I been for many years), but I'm going.
    Think of it as a warm-up for the big money tournament in the Fitz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm going too, still have my student card so, it says bring a friend too so it'll be grand. Prima are adding money to the prize pool so it could be alright money, plus the chance of check raising a mobster is too good to turn down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Damn! Yet another reason to regret not going to college. Stay in school kids, it'll affect you're gambling career if you don't! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

w00t. Got the day off work. I am going. I am not nor have I ever been a college student though. Is this an issue?

Gonna try my patented 24o(or was it 23o...very drunk) pre flop raise. No-one will put you on it.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm not a student either but the heads up against a member of the hendon mob is very very veryyyyy tempting! It starts at 4? Fitz Freeroll starts at 6 and then the 250 at 9. I think I'll just go to the two in the Fitz, I'd go to the GC game but I have other arrangements.

Just spoke to the guy behind it. While its intended to be a student event, they're not going to be too strict about it as mentioned above. He has said it seems to have attracted a lot of attention so he suggests being there before 3:30 to register.

I'm going to go along too...
    DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

OK. Who is going? It is the place on the South Circular Road isn't it?

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Can't get out of work but would like to go. Yeah, it is the old Groffoth Barracks on S.C.R. not far from the bleeding horse.

Advertisement