Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 Players

• 18-06-2004 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can someone please give me links to sites that sell the newest mp3 players and what is the best make/model to go for?Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,330 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Amazon have a fair selection with the usual user reviews, or you could also try here

The latest edition of PC Pro magazine has a comparison test of 18 mp3 players, but I bought it a couple of weeks ago so the new edition is probably due out very soon.

For reviews try here

To ask what is the best model to go for is far too simplistic. There are two types of players - solid state (flash memory) players with a capacity up to 1gb, and hard drive players of varying capacities starting at 1.5gb up to 40gb and possibly bigger. Personally I'm thinking of buying a 20gb jukebox type along the lines of an iPod, but I'll probably go for either the Rio Karma or the iRiver iHP120. I want something that I won't have to keep loading music onto, so the smaller capacity players are out, but I don't have so much music that I'd need a 40gb player. A 20gb one should keep me going for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,837 ✭✭✭✭cormie

there is also CD players (burn about 14 albums average *128kbps mp3 format)

Basically.

For mp3, you want iRiver!

They have great products in all 3 main types; CD, Flash and Jukebox. IHP-110/120/140 are far superior (but yet cheaper) than the ipod.

For best prices, go here. Check delivery cost also and before you purchase ring Harvey Norman in Swords/Dundalk and check their prices on products as I think it is best to get IHP-140 from them rather than abroad.

Advertisement