Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action Replay MAX for PS2

Options
  • 19-06-2004 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

I was just reading this on Eurogamer about the new Action Replay MAX, which allows you to play DivX/MP3 etc. WITHOUT modding your PS2 :) sounds cool.
    incorporating support for DivX movies, MP3s and even Mega Drive ROMs, loaded via CD-R or flash drive. It also features all the other functionality you'd expect from a Datel device, including cheat code downloads, memory card management and even online instant messaging.

the story is here:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=55757

Does anyone know if is available in the shops here and how much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

the good old dreamcast has been able to run roms of various systems for ages now and play divx. Interesting to see it for ps2 though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hopefully the Megadrive emulation is better than the hopeless emulators that are available on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ps2 is horrible.
    the end.

some one wanna exchange with modded x box :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dreamcast emulation, while technically impressive, was never full speed. The Megadrive emulation side of the AR:Max really intrigues me, but I'd like to read a review of it before stumping up the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Hopefully the Megadrive emulation is better than the hopeless emulators that are available on the PS2.

The snes emulator for the ps2 is very good (and has given me no problems with any games) while the mega-drive one is also very handy and even supports 4 players!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For me the mega drive emulator onlt runs shining force 1+2 at playable speeds. Everything else is jumpy and a disgrace. The SNES emulator struggles along even with the sound turned off. The xbox is a far superior machine for emulation than the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    For me the mega drive emulator onlt runs shining force 1+2 at playable speeds. Everything else is jumpy and a disgrace. The SNES emulator struggles along even with the sound turned off. The xbox is a far superior machine for emulation than the PS2.

Is that the Action Replay MAX emulator or a homebrewed version?

Homebrew. If the Action Replay runs desent I'll one of the first to buy it.

Advertisement