Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone heard the Meat Puppets?

Options
  • 19-06-2004 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

Remember Nirvana:Unplugged? Remember Lake of Fire, Plateau and Oh Me? Remember the dudes with long hair that played those songs with Nirvana? Cris and Curt Kirkwood - Ring any bells?

Lake of Fire, Plateau and Oh Me are three songs off "Meat Puppets 2" the second album by the Meat Puppets. You probably haven't heard of them or have only seen their bassist and lead guitarist on Nirvana:Unplugged. They are a brilliant band that influenced many others(Nirvana, Sonic Youth etc.) without becoming famous themselves. They are a mix of punk/country/rock/metal and also play some light psychadellic rock(Up on the sun; Mirage)

So please check them out and tell me what you think, the original versions of the three Nirvana:Unplugged tracks are way better and stuff of Meat Puppets 2, Forbidden Places and Too High to Die is brilliant also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

ehh, they are recognised by people who listen to the genre. They were very good indeed.
    just out of curiousity, are you their manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Originally posted by Doodee
    ehh, they are recognised by people who listen to the genre. They were very good indeed.
    just out of curiousity, are you their manager?

LOL

I recently got the "Alive in the 90s" DVD - It's brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

great band. i have 'meat puppets 2' and 'to high to die' both of which are awesome.

Advertisement