Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BF2 screens = wow

Options
  • 19-06-2004 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

battlefield-2-20040618094928438_thumb.jpg battlefield-2-20040618094926172_thumb.jpg

More info

kdjac

[Edited]
    Changed large images to thumbs to stop 5 minute loading time, it was worth the 5 minutes though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

that game is goin to need a serious pc to run it.....cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Have you seen the video (in 3 parts)?

I was hard pressed to believe it wasn't FMV.

HL2, Doom3 and Unreal3 have some serious competition on their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The level of detail on the buildings is superb, when you think of big the maps in this game will be. Hope we can wreck them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yeah, the whole thing stinks of renders to me.
    I'll be more impressed when I see actual ingame with a hud etc...

But for now allI am is :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

The character models make it look like a render :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Dig the painted kerbs in this picture. Someone from Northern Ireland helping to design the game by chance?

The Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You sure there not render? They look amazing

And the first evidence of attack choppers being no less than the cobra itself i want a bash of a ah-64 if it’s in the game though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They not rendered look at the edges around all the objects redndering would reduce that, also check out the minor things like towels on balconies they fit in well with the pic.

Dice dont like renders they very proud of their work.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I heard that the new battlefield2 is going to ONLY come out for CONSOLES.
    And i heard that the current battlefield is getting a full make over for patch v1.75 and will look like bfv by the time they finish!

Is there any information that this isn't true? Because i realy wana play bf2 with a mouse, keyboard and broadband connection(When i get it).:(

your an idoit .....

to bleave that.Its designed for pc BF modren combat is designed for console which console could run a game of that detail with 100 players ? NONE not this generation or next

Spot the huge gap in capabilities ...look hard because you might miss it!

Thats on the playstation 2 btw just incase its confused with a top of the range pc :rolleyes: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Whoa! Any chance of a little patience there, bizz?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by bizmark
    your an idoit .....

to bleave that.Its designed for pc BF modren combat is designed for console which console could run a game of that detail with 100 players ? NONE not this generation or next

Spot the huge gap in capabilities ...look hard because you might miss it!

Thats on the playstation 2 btw just incase its confused with a top of the range pc :rolleyes: :p

That does look piss-poor.

The PS2 is far too out-dated, and the tech wasn't particularly powerful to begin with, relative to the effort required in getting things running efficiently on it.

But that does look shit.
    Like comparing MOHAA with the PSX/PS2 versions

I wonder what specs will be needed to run bf2 on high detail i doubt my 2600xp 512meg of ram 9800pro pc will be able.....So it will be time to upgrade come spring 2005 mind you it WILL be worth it dice has really out done themselves (and half life 2+Doom3 by the looks of things) i just hope the gameplay matches the amazing graphics engine
    Whoa! Any chance of a little patience there, bizz?

Well i answered his question didn’t i? ;)

I am gay

Well i answered his question didn’t i? ;)

I would agree with you there m8 and i didn't think you'd understand i ment xbox and a lammer version for the ps2. I never said the graphics could look like that. And remember games dont always look that good

Nice adding im gay to the quote :) and even the xbox couldnt handly bf2 being a low tech pc also what are you trying to say that Dice are misleading us? i think not

Lol i just said it as i thought i heard someone saying or read something about BF2 coming out for consols ok, sorry i offended you, get your ass on join clan nrg thread and put your name down for da alnighter before you dont get a chance.

Originally posted by Irish_Kamikaze
    da

I didn't mean that force of habbit!!

Im a tig man

Im a tig man
    Yes but someone called jim i think wants your clan to challange ours and he is wellcome to fight us on home turf!!

Your tig= totally incompatant gobshi*tes, are about to be renamed and shamed by the ultra noobs...i mean NRG!!!!

Bite me

tbh

• Advertisement

Bite me because i love gay men and i am GAY.

tb(fully)h

You don't have to tell me i know already!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by SyxPak

HL2, Doom3 and Unreal3 have some serious competition on their hands.
    No they wont, those games are single player and as such will be better than any battlefield single player bit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ARKANGEL

hey kamikaze...ive been keeping my eye on ur posts..and already i think ur a bit lets just say socially challenged..so please go away and play with some kids or something.:o :p

Advertisement