Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BIKE RUN - Charity of course...

Options
  • 19-06-2004 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

The Poster (cant get it in as an image for some reason)
    Yes I know this pic is pants, but it's from my phone and I had to use the zoom to take it.

This one looks like it's going to be a monster of a day. In aid of the animal care society too so at least your hard earned money is going to a very good cause.

It's on the 27th June, registrations are being taken at 12pm in Doneraile park (just outside Mallow iirc). The route is, Mallow - Killarney - Macroom - Cork City. €20 per bike. "Refreshments" included, tea & a sandwich most likely.

So all you bikers; get up off yer worthless holes and support a good cause, while having a bloody good Sunday out at the same time. If anyone is actually going to come, look out for a big two-tone white tourer. That's me.. It'll be the only one there.

<edit>
    few more details for anyone that's curious...

image_map.gif

Autoroute makes it 99.5 miles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

*le bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Heard about this run, and am planning on going (if the weather looks anyway promising), and trying to to drag out a few other local bikers if they don't feel too lazy...

I'll keep an eye out for you, and if you see a wine colour Zephyr 750 that will be me (also probably be the only Zephyr there.)

nice one.. see ya there (weather permitting)

*last bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Passed the run in the other direction today, coming back from Roscommon (between Kinnegad and Enfield). Looked like alot of fun.. Lots of nice custom bikes.

How did it go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Actually :rolleyes:, looking at your map it must have been a different run!
    Two big ride-outs on the same day.. Seems strange..

yeah two runs.. only heard about the second after I met up with the lads for the first. The other started in Bandon and went around west Cork apparently.

I'd have to say it was a bit of a disaster, where turnout & weather was concerned. Only about 20 bikes there, it was more like a club outing than anything else. I suppose the other one would have been the one to go to really. Having a big hurling match didn't really help with the turnout either though. I decided to head home on my own from some pub on the Killarney road after I got bored.

Ah well, at least I did my bit for charity :D

Advertisement