Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthrax Last Night!!

• 19-06-2004 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

that was ****ing awesome.and i meet the band afterwards. good show good show.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah was class alright .didn't know alot of the songs myself but enjoyed myself i know for sure i will be buying some of their old albums as i have the new one.

The backup band were pretty good too

all in all it was a great night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Indeed a class gig. I didn't find the support act too good although their bassist provided some entertainment in the way he threw around his classic rock poses.
    Anthrax were great! I didn't have a watch or any time device with me so anyone care to tell me how long they played for?
    I met them afterwards, Scott Ian was a bastard, wouldn't allow me stroke his beard for a photo and wasn't too happy to be signing stuff. John Bush and Rob (Difficult Name) were sound out though. Stayed out for ages signing stuff and talkign to fans. Joey Vera I didn't see come out, although he might of and no one noticed him being the new kid an all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

****in awesome gig! I was right up the front at the barrier, right in the centre, got the mark across my stomach to prove it. It was brilliant being so close to the band, really really good.

I think they started at about 8:50 and I was out of the venue at 10:30, so they must have played just under an hour and a half.

They really seemed to be having a good bit of fun, which was nice to see, John smiling a lot. The encore just did it for me; NFL, Metal Thrashing Mad, and finishing off with Bring Tha Noise. I was really hoping they'd play that.

It was actually a lot the same as their DVD, seeing as it's from the same run of tours.

Anyway, absolutely brilliant gig, better than what you'll get at Metallica next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Did they play Madhouse? That song rocks!!
    Wish I could have gone. Stupid Leaving Cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Sounds like it was a good gig but too bad I couldnt go,no cash but what made it worst for me was seeing a load of guys walkin around in Anthrax t-shirts twas kinda like I was getting it rubbed in but ah well hopefully I'll enjoy the Motorhead gig without the orgasmatron.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

Were beecher the support band? I just heard that they might have been and im gonna kick myself if I missed em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I thought they were better last time around. Finishing with "Whiplash" was pretty dumb imo, they have plenty of their own songs which are better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Only Stampin' Grounds played before them. Beecher were supposed to be the other support act but alas a no show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They were as good as always. They put a serious amount of energy into the show for a bunch of fuggers in their 40's. I've been waiting to hear them play Deathrider live since 1988 :D Result!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Only Stampin' Grounds played before them.
    They're really good live. Seen them support the Haunted and they nearly blew the place apart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
    I thought they were better last time around. Finishing with "Whiplash" was pretty dumb imo, they have plenty of their own songs which are better.

That's the SECOND big American band in the last week here that's played a Metallica cover @ their show here..... Korn played an excerpt from 'One' @ the Point Last Thursday.....what's the deal there, I'd love to know..........

::: NIPPLE SURFING IS NOT A SPORT..... IT BLOODY HURTS!!! :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's a great metal song. I was chuffed when they played it, and played it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I really enjoyed the gig. It was ****ing deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

yes i concur that was brilliant. i wish they had played random acts of senseless violence the solo in that song is insane.tgood ol' charlie.i thought the support were awful, the bassist was hilarious me and d-generate had a good laugh at him form the side (two guys in red if anyone noticed anyone who looked outta place). i cant wait for tallica friday also shall be good time all round i hope.
    motorhead and sepultura will rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I would love to see Metallica play a venue like the Ambassador, no chance of it though. The intimacy of the venue really helps make the gig so much better. Doubt Metallica will top Anthrax though..

Did anyone listen to War Pigs on Saturday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i listeneed actaully i just realised at my buddoes party i dj'd for a while and i managed to get we sold our souls for rock and roll on for a bit. i didnt realise that i had. i have a class recording of zakk wylde with pride and glory playing it. i saw two big gigs last year metallica nad machine head machine head were far better but its all down to venue. ambassador is my fav in ireland. such a good atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by Doctor J
    It's a great metal song. I was chuffed when they played it, and played it well.

true but playing it last is a bit beneath them if you know what I'm saying, they should have done Milk instead :D

Advertisement