Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 26k eircom connection

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Muck
    During the next period of dry weather you locate every junction box on your line and you then wrap them thoroughly in plastic and cover the lot in silicon gel or mastic.

That will stop the water ingress for sure.

If you notice that the problem is worse in drizzle than in pelting rain you actually need to seal up the bottom or the sides of the junction boxes and not the top.

I once had a drizzle related connection problem until I pumped half a tube of silicon gel into the underside af a rather open looking junction box on a pole down down the road....perfick :D

M

Denzo tape is the stuff to put on damaged wires .... wear gloves when using it (its like fabric coated in the most hard to remove grease I've ever come across) I've had it on cables going to seal scarers on fish farms ... waterproof at 10meters or more for years....stuck in the grain of my fingerprints for weeks too, wicked stuff to get off your hands

On the replacing of cables: Surely if you report a faulty line with an intermittent problem they cant charge you for an engineer call-out? .... if its intermittent and not happening when he is onsite then there is buggerall he can do to disprove your problem.... has anyone been charged for a callout where no problem was found by onsite engineer when the problem was originally described as being intermittent?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

they told me that they were going to charge me for inspecting my line, engineer approached with an bill and asked did we want it put on our bill and i said "No, you can put it back in your pocket and get in the van, the line still isnt bb capable so i dont see why i should pay for you to stand around looking at my line when you did nothing"

Door closed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I used to always get 33.3k, then all of a sudden, I got 44k and then 45.2. It now rarely goes below 40k and if it does, I just keep reconnecting (iOL netsmart)

Advertisement