Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma Screen as a monitor - Probs

Options
  • 19-06-2004 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I have a PC connected to a Pioneer plasma. The graphics card is a Geforce 2 MX400 (64MB). OS is Windows XP.

I cannot get the screen resolution above 800 x 600. Both Windows and NVidia see 800 x 600 as the max resolution but I think the card can go higher than this. The Plasma's native resolution is 1024 x 768. I am connected using an s-video connection via a scart.

I have tried connecting via the front panel and the rear scart - same result.

I also tried the multires utility but no joy.

If I was sure the card only went to 800 x 600 then I'ld know to get a new one but no matter where I search I cannot find the max res possible on this card !. It's a PCI card as the PC has no AGP slot.

Any help gratefully received !

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

It may be a case that the plasma can only accept up to 800x600 resolution through the S-video and Scart sockets. Internally, the plasma will be scaling up to 1024x768, but that´s no good to you really.

Have you tried connecting to the VGA input of the plasma and setting the video card at 1024x768? If that works, you may be best using a VGA splitter so you can connect to your plasma and your monitor without having to fiddle with cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

robbie - ths - I think you helped me already on this when I could aonly get b&w.

I presume I can buy an XGA lead to go from the PC to the front panel of the plasma box?

I've seen the xga connector on the plasma box but was not sure how to connect to it.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://tvtool.info/

I have an ATI and its not supported that program looks So sool.

English is on left hand column.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Yes, it´s just a regular VGA lead to connect from the VGA output of your card to the input on the front of the plasma box as you described. In fact, I have a few of these leads lying around, you are welcome to one of them if you want. How far is your PC from the plasma?

Advertisement