Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing site in other browsers?

Options
  • 19-06-2004 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering is there a program out there that shows you what a site looks like in most popular browsers or do I have to DL and install them all.

Thanks JoePC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'll need to install them

There are subtle differences between browsers across different operating systems, so it might be worth your while asking people with access to Linux and Apple to check it out for you.

If you want to know what it looks like on Linux let me know.

Michele

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Dont bother downloading any of them, there's a couple of websites that you can use to check your site out.

http://www.browsercam.com/ is the one I use. They have a network of PC's/Macs with the different browsers installed. You give them a url and they take a screenshot on each of the different platforms.

There's a time limited trial which is usually enough to do your testing, if not you have to cough up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

These two sites will give you a snapshot of what the site looks like in safari (iCapture) and various windows browsers - IE 4 to 6, Firefox 0.8 and Opera 7.23 (ieCapture). There's also bowsercam, but that's not free...

EDIT: missing number (damn GNOME resetting my numlock... :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There was a site for checking older browsers as well. Wish I could remember the URL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Thanks for the info,

maxheadroom that link worked perfectly.

Thanks JoePC

• Advertisement
Advertisement