Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Germany v Latvia (scores)

• 19-06-2004 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Germany obviously clear favourites, but Latvia will give them a good game of it. Looking forward to this one. My prediction 2-1 Germany.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Germany are fielding two strikers so they're going for it proberly thinking of a decent winning margin.

3-0

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

2-0 Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

3-0 Germany .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Latvia went into this tournament as the least favourites. Saudi Arabia were the least favourites at the last world cup and Germany beat them 8-0.

I'll go 4-0 as a shot in the dark (I'm not expecting to be right though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

latvia to win by at least 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Good first half, 0-0 at half time. Latvia had the pick of the chances, but they are making Germany up their game. Will be an interesting second half, if Germany don´t get one before about the 70th minute, you would fancy Latvia to nick it.

Just heard Latvia compared to Charltons Ireland!

Lots of hard work is working for Latvia but it'll proberly catch up with them then Germany will pounce.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

0-0 Great result for Latvia! Poor old Germany, they´ve a tough, tough game against Czech that they need to win coming up. Holland and Czech to go through from this group.

Thats it! I give up on all predictions. Latvia should have won that, Germany may still get through but they wont
    deserve to.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Terrible performance by Germany. One of the worst in a long run of poor games (barring the dutch match) Need to hope for a czech win tonight and then beat the czech's on wednesday night. Failing that I think Rudi will be after a new job. The knives will be sharpened for tomorrows papers in Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yet again I decide to avoide what I thought would be a poor game after 10 minutes , my predicition here was wrong but my predicition in the pools was correct .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

A deserved point for Latvia. I thought they defended really well and could of one the game. Germany should be beating a team like Latvia by a few goals but they are not the team they use to be.
    Latvia will will be delighted with a point, they have shown there not bad team and i wouldnt be surprised to see them in more World/Euro Cups in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Stiltskin

I don't think Germany were that bad really. They did have their chances but their finishing was abysmal. Latvia weren't overrun by the Czechs either and their pace could also give the Dutch a few concerns in the last game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Latvia should have had 2 penalties. Mike Riley made 2 abysmal (non)decisions which have probably cost Latvia the three points.

Germany were crap. No invention and little or no width except for maybe Lahm at left-back. Latvia defended very well and looked dangerous (particularly Verkapovkis) on the break. A well-earned result for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

dreadful game by the germans, they should have lost this game 2-0 as both penalties were clearly valid.

Advertisement