Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harissa

• 19-06-2004 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi everyone, at my wits (or at least me poor old feets) end, trying to find harissa in dublin, tried pretty uch ethnic shop i could find.
    (its a north african hot chili paste) I tried the African shops, and they sent me to the Indian/Pakastani shops & visa versa.

so anyonw got a definate location. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm sure somewhere like SuperQuinn would stock it, alongside hummus and other regulars.. Recipe any good to you?

Just had a quick look at the superquinn.ie website, and one of the products they sell is Schwartz Easy Range Harissa, which looks a little like this.

Don't know how authentic it would be though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Asian Market have etnic foods from around the world its on Mary Street Before Millets might have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The Asia Store definitely has it. Towards the back of the shop on the shelves against the back wall on the right side. Sold in tubes in cardboard boxes similar to those you get tomato puree in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eoinm

Originally posted by Alun
    The Asia Store definitely has it. Towards the back of the shop on the shelves against the back wall on the right side. Sold in tubes in cardboard boxes similar to those you get tomato puree in.

thanks B-man & Alun, succes! and darn tasty it was too.

Advertisement