Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City -v- Malmo FF

• 19-06-2004 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously the Holland match is the big game but its currently 2-0 to Cork in the Intertoto cup, O'Flynn and Murray with the goals. This would be a big upset if Cork were to win as Malmo are a decent side.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

not from Malmö but Göteborg and living in Cork - so go Cork go!!!

Malmö are a good Swedish side though, surprised they're 2-0 down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

3-0 now. Could be on the verge of a great result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Gwan cork :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Malmo have got one back, but they're nearing the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

good job Ireland didnt qualify for euro 2004, cork wudnt have had a team to field:D *

*sorry to any EL fans upset by this, just my, admittedly crap, atempt at humour.thank you for taking the time to read this public service announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Question for Naitkris/Muffen do Malmao have any players in the Swedish nationel side or any other internationel side ?

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Question for Naitkris/Muffen do Malmao have any players in the Swedish nationel side or any other internationel side ?

nope. they're an ok side (being an IFK Göteborg supporter i have to say that, lol).

there are only four players in the national side from Swedish clubs, which are:

Goalkeepers:
    1 - Andreas Isaksson (Djurgården) <expected to leave to a foreign club following great performance against Italy>

Defenders:
    14 - Alexander Östlund (Hammarby)
    22 - Erik Wahlstedt (Helsingborg)

Midfielders:
    7 - Mikael Nilsson (Halmstad) <expected to leave to a foreign club following great performance against Bulgaria>

correct me if I am wrong but used Issaksson be with Juventus , maybe 3 years ago or so .

note : if not I have been playing too much Championship Manager .

correct me if I am wrong but used Issaksson be with Juventus , maybe 3 years ago or so .

yes he was for 18 or so months before returning to Djurgården in Sweden. he was very young then, i have seen photos of him in training for Juventus and he looks a lot smaller and younger, he's still only 22 and Sweden's tallest player along with Ibrahimovic (think Isaksson is little taller though). he played alongside Buffon in training while at Juventus and it was funny to see them both against each other the other day. he never played a first team game for Juventus however before returning to Sweden.

Him Peter Cech and Iger Casilias (he is still only 23 !!! )
    seem to be the new age of goalkeeping . It dosent seem like Sebastien Frey will get much recognition at Parma despite being a brilliant keeper ( I think he could be 24 now )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Fair play to cork nice to see an el team doing well in europe hopefully they wont mess it up in the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Great result
    im another happy st pats fan.
    CONGRATS Cork and good luck in the next one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The second leg is tonight and i don't think Cork will have enough to hold a two goal advantage. Malmo will have their strongest team out which includes former Bayern Munich and Barcelona midfielder, Patrik Anderson.:(

I have a feeling that away goal is gonna be very importent :( . Hoepfully Cork will go through thoough .

What I realy hope this season is that an Irish side will be in the first round of the Uefa Cup . It would bring a lot of revenue into a club , with the new group stage .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The group stages don't start until the second round AFAIK.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    The group stages don't start until the second round AFAIK.

ah crap , that means it will be hard for an Irish team to get to that stage .

3 rounds of 2 legs in intertoto then a prelim or 2 before the actual uefa cup.

yah Kinda hard :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

well done cork, an excellent away victory.Pat doaln is doing a smashing job down there and is doing the eircom league proud, if only everyone in the eircom league has his vison for the furture.

Liam Kerney scored for Cork in a 1-0 away win :D:D:D

well done cork, an excellent away victory.Pat doaln is doing a smashing job down there and is doing the eircom league proud, if only everyone in the eircom league has his vison for the furture
    Just keep an eye on the finances

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish

LMAO!!!!! was just about to post something similiar.

Pat is the OG....

kdjac

well some more wins over teams like Malmo and they will have very steady finaces indeed .

well some more wins over teams like Malmo and they will have very steady finaces indeed .

I said same thing when we got half a a million from the Celtic games and the subsequent Qtr of a mill for each league win. Thats a lot of Big Macs Pat wheres the damn money? Wheres our damn Millenium stand???

Oh the pile of muck with tarmacadam cost 1 million, good deal of your mate Wallace the Builder.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Was a great win alright - looking forward to Nijmegen.
    Originally posted by naitkris
    not from Malmö but Göteborg and living in Cork - so go Cork go!!!

Malmö are a good Swedish side though, surprised they're 2-0 down...

I'm surprised you're surprised, since we took a home win over your very own IFK Goteborg a couple of years ago too ;)

KdjaC dont forget the 250,000 we got for des "nightclub" byrne

KdjaC dont forget the 250,000 we got for des "nightclub" byrne

375,000 and we got him back for free , best transfer ever :)

kdjac

Advertisement