Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 GPRS Settings

Options
  • 10-06-2004 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

What about internet settings???

Any ideas on what to put in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by wolfman
    What about internet settings??? Any ideas on what to put in?

hi, internet settings have remained the same, check this link for details - what exactly you put in depends if you are pre-pay or post-pay (access point names are different), where you put them depends on your handset... if stuck check this thread for suggested background info for connectivity questions

BrianG

[edit]: background info link updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Ah thats great. Thanks Brian.
    I just assumed it would be different and didnt even try my current settings on a 3650. I'll try this out so.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 knicker

Internet settings won't change because the internet and open.internet APNs are direct access and therefore don't require access through a proxy or gateway. And as such, that you're using WAP 1.x or WAP 2.0 is irrelevant....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

hey, none of these settings are working on my new 6600. My last phone was an 8310 so it had no mms, etc and i never used it's gprs features. Do I have to contact o2 to get gprs/mms or whatever enabled or am have I just something set up wrong.

Originally posted by Tazzle
    Do I have to contact o2 to get gprs/mms or whatever enabled or am have I just something set up wrong.
    hi, yeah sounds like the best initial course of action ... check the info in this thread:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Thanking you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

Thanks so much.
    Been waiting 6 months for these settings.
    Thanks a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

btw, what are the settings for web access? I presume i need to connect via a web APN to use IM software.

also, anyone who's used IM software, is it cheap? I presume ur online all the time so, is there much data transfer for messages/ background data?

Thanks.

Originally posted by dermoto
    btw, what are the settings for web access? I presume i need to connect via a web APN to use IM software

hi, check the information in this post in relation to Web / ISP access via GPRS

your phone's GPRS data counter should be able to display how much data has been used in a session, how much it will cost would depend on how busy / long your IM session is - if you are a post-pay customer you can also subscribe to an inclusive data allowance for the month

BrianG

Advertisement