Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operator connectivity DNS / e-mail question

Options
  • 08-04-2004 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

DNS for vodafone? I have to set them for e-mail in Panasonic GD87

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

DNS for Vodafone (usually provided upon connection):

DNS for O2:

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

what about meteor.. im on meteor and using 6600
    does anyone have the right settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 StephenRyan

Does anyone know the email pop3 an smtp server settings for mymeteor email accounts? I'm trying to set up my mymeteor account with outlook express and the customer support is hopeless....
    I've tried mail.mymeteor.ie for both incoming and outgoing fields but i still can't send messages from outlook for some reason....

try using the SMTP server provided by your ISP

it can be common for an outgoing SMTP server not to relay email when connected from an external network (ISP), sometimes you can authenticate but I didn't have any success when i tried on a previous occasion with mymeteor mail...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Can anyone tell me what the the "GPRS Live!" settings are used for?

I assume the GPRS WAP is for normal WAP browsing.

Is the "GPRS Live!" their ISP service?

• Advertisement

GRPS Live! is for their "enhanced" WAP service (more graphical and Vodafone content charged at 15c a page), GPRS WAP is for their "regular" (old e-merge) WAP service (text based and Vodafone content charged at 5c a page)

the GPRS ISP is a seperate service

BrianG

Advertisement