Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see other systems on the network

Options
  • 19-06-2004 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Have just reloaded windows on 3 systems, having problems with the network on 1 of the systems. For some reason it will only see its self on the network. All systems are connected via a broadband router, have set the system to pickup an ip address from the hub, 2 of the systems are fine with that config, teh other system won't see anyting but it's self. Have tried to specify an ip address ect, still the same issue.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

Do you mean it can't ping the other systems or it can't see them through windows explorer/net neighbourhood?

If you've got the IP/DHCP set up properly then they'll ping each other. But if it's the latter problem, make sure you've got file sharing enabled. o_O

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

Had that problem to at my friends house. He was able to ping me but i was not able to see him, when you configure in network setting, there should be a tap for advanced make sure you have the IP's right and that they both have the same network software installed. My brain is tired now if its still not solved i'll look into it more in the morning, its only a small setting prolem whatever it is

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Cheers lads got it sorted, was a cable problem.

Advertisement