Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum access "mods buddy system"???

Options
  • 19-06-2004 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168288
    2 hours no sponsors access granted.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168048
    2 days 3 sponsors no access ,Mod queries (me PMs mod who queried )

So is soccer a forum to talk about soccer or a forum for the mods buddies to talk about soccer???
    This kinda makes the sponsor thing look very foolish.
    • Have your sponsors, who must be members of boards.ie for 6 months and already have access to the soccer forum post endorsements of your application.

Kdjac
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing. The rules should apply to everyone if at all.

btw Kdjac both your links are the same. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168288

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thanks for pointing that out ,would have looked rather silly

:D

kdjac

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

In one case gandalf is obviously happy to sponsor, and in the other case I think T4TF just missed the vague reference to the cat and didn't realise that you know this person. It hasn't been that long since he posted and none of the Mods posted an answer to the request so I think it was slightly hasty posting on here.

There may be a rule but we tend to try to stick to the spirit of the law rather than the letter ...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm let me see I have met Amz and I know that she is not a bloody idiot and has a keen interest in sports, plus I also know that she is a respected member of boards, I have no problems in giving her access.

As regards the other person I didn't go near the post because it was already addressed by a mod. But the person applying is brand new so he had no history on which to base his decision for access. Sponsors do not automatically guarantee access. If Thanx 4 The Fish, talla, Vagga or I do not feel 100% about someone then we can query them as we are the ones that have to clean up the crap after a muppet goes on the loose.

The sponsor system has worked extremely well with only 1 banning since it came in place, before that there was nearly a banning a day and more on bad days. I'm sure the Battlefield forum is really busy but until you have experienced the crap that we had to go through I think you should get off your high horse and shut up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I have given this person access. Also just for your interest one of the sponsors was a fake. He wasn't a member of the soccer forum. Sorry service wasn't in the time period that you deem acceptable but then again we do have real lives as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ahhh ok gandalf so sponsoring isnt really needed its a just a screening system.
    I must have misread the sticky:rolleyes:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Stop signing your posts, we can see who you are :rolleyes:

kdjac
    kdjac
    kdjac
    kdjac
    kdjac
    kdjac
    kdjac
    kdjac
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

OMG! At least one kdjac has hacked Ca^H^H TwoShedsJacksons account!

Regards,

TwoShedsJackson.

I'm gonna hack you next Friday in the poker final!!!

amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's reasonable that known members will be given access off-the-bat, and newer members won't be.

The point of the sponsorship system is to cut down on muppets. If a mod is 100% sure that someone isn't going to create a mess that'll have to be cleaned up (Amz is a perfect example), then what's the point in enforcing sponsorship on them?
    If someone is new(ish) and unknown, the mod isn't able to vouch personally for them, so relies on the sensibilities of those who have been trusted (soccer forum members) to let him know if said person is soccer forum material.

Kdajc, I think your friend's application may have been slowed by his newness, and weemcd's post probably caused suspicion that something muppety was up. :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    I'm gonna hack you next Friday in the poker final!!!

amp.

Bring it.

Sincerely,

Cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Ahhh ok gandalf so sponsoring isnt really needed its a just a screening system.
    I must have misread the sticky:rolleyes:

kdjac
    But "it" is a screening system isn't it*

Paddy20 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Shut up all of you!

David Hasselhoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Isn't this joke getting old?

jc

Ah go stick it up your.

Swiss

:p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its my party and I'll dance if I want to!

Ecksor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

My first wet dream was over maggie thatcher.

KNOCK HIS BAILS OFF GEOFFREY!

Regi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

He's my flatmate and he can do what he wants!

DeVore

You know a thread is really flogging a dead horse when Boston replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...? , , ....!*^ $

paddy20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

So can I have access to the Sawker forum? I'm not a new user, but a returning user after a bit of an absence, and decent reputation. I don't have any buddies, but my record on the football board before it was restricted speaks for itself. Is that an arrogant thing to say? :confused:

Back up top. Sorry. :dunno:

I have an idea!! We could have something called the 'Soccer Access Requests' forum as a sub-forum in Soccer. In it, people who can read English would be able to request access to the Soccer forum!!!

What do yis think!??!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    I have an idea!! We could have something called the 'Soccer Access Requests' forum as a sub-forum in Soccer. In it, people who can read English would be able to request access to the Soccer forum!!!

What do yis think!??!?!?!?

Nah it would never work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I have been posting on boards for close to three years and have never caused anyone a problem, but on principle I refuse to beg access to the soccer boards. I follow Kerr's boys to away matches and am soccer mad.

I recommend www.foot.ie

You six fingered cork muppet!!!! :D

1000 + posts and they turn me away
    ah well

no shame in beggin

if pat dolan has gotten even fatter from lennox's chips, then i fear for his life when he gets to the home of irish football for a little bit of burdocks magic haha

Advertisement