Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

careful now

Options
  • 19-06-2004 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Critical Update for Windows (KB833407)
    Download size: 309 KB, < 1 minute
    This item updates the Bookshelf Symbol 7 font included in some products. The font has been found to contain unacceptable symbols.

WTF??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is that the Nazi mod for Windows 98???

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

i was running windows update on someones XP pro machine for this one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Is that the Nazi mod for Windows 98???
    Uh-huh. :)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/02/11/ms_tears_swastika_from_roof/

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I wouldn't describe it as a "critical" update though :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it removes old asian symbols that some people find objectionable. - Freedom of speach and all that.

It leaves behind lots of muslim/jewish/christian/occult symbols which are of course unacceptable to many muslim/jewish/christian/occult users

Win95 used to have a nifty utility to choose your time zone by clicking on your country. Dropped 'cos of possiblility of upsetting someone in case a boarder was out by a pixel :rolleyes:
    I reckon the fact that many US users probably don't know geography also helped it's demise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

You would be surprised how much legal stuff we have to go through to get anything done...

Advertisement