Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decision time! Which games to watch?

• 20-06-2004 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Since the 3rd round of Group matches are all starting similtaneously (recording aside) tough choices will have to be made! Sp which games will you be watching and which will you be relegating to ignore/vcr.

'Spain v Portugal(*)' ' or 'Russia v Greece'
    'Croatia v England' or 'Switzerland v France(*)'
    'Italy v Bulgaria' or 'Denmark v Sweden(*)'
    'Germany v Czech' or 'Holland v Latvia(*)'

(*) indicates what I'm picking as I reckon :
    (1) Croatia/Germany will revert to type and ruin their own particular matches with dour play,
    (2) England (despite all their huf-n-puf efforts) IMHO are boring to watch
    (3) After Denmark in Braga I never want to see another Bulgaria game EVER agains ... until August.
    (4) Russia, Bulgaria, Czech have already qualified/been eliminated so I can't see them being 100% bothered.

So which games are you gonna pick and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Gonna watch

Spain v Portugal - The lad Torres is starting up front
    Croatia v England - To watch England bend over, we wuz robbed innit mayte
    Denmark v Sweden - Potential classic, good attacking football hopefully
    Germany v Czech - The czech lads are great to watch, more of nedved/baros/poborsky/rosicky please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by bazH
    Gonna watch

Spain v Portugal - The lad Torres is starting up front
    Croatia v England - To watch England bend over, we wuz robbed innit mayte
    Denmark v Sweden - Potential classic, good attacking football hopefully
    Germany v Czech - The czech lads are great to watch, more of nedved/baros/poborsky/rosicky please

same for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Deffo Spain/Portugal, England/Croatia (saves cutting my nails!) Sweden/Denmark....and Germany/Czech as I like the watching the Czechs

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I am gonna watch the same thing as the last 3 posters as it is definetly the best set of games .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Spain - Portugal
    No match tomorrow in work.
    And then I'm limited by not having ITV, so probably whatever BBC shows. But if I have a choice.
    Denmark - Sweden
    Holland - Latvia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Shame sky dont have it could watch both at same time, will try pick the games with the most at stake ie 2 teams can go tru.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I'll probably watch them all, keep flicking between the channels if one of the games is boring the pants off me. And of course if I do that I'll end up missing half the goals.

btw is Fernando Torres replacing Morientes or Raul ?

Advertisement