Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband Problem

• 20-06-2004 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Alright,
    im gettin seriously nasty ping spikes with my broadband,like id be playing cs and id get a ping of 1000+
    rang iol and as usual they could do absoloutely nothing for me . "Make a log" they said,thats all they ever f*cking say.
    Neway,can ne1 help me?please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

you should try see if anything else is using the net, maybe even steam downloading in the background, windows update, antivirus updates etc'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

I just pinged jolt.co.uk and got a nasty ping spike like every 10th ping. Could be just today or sumthin. Shock horror iol have actually been alrite for about a month now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Pretty steady 32-31 ms pings to clarity.jolt.co.uk no spikes to see:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

make sure CS and HALFLIFE are not updating via steam when ure playing,
    happened to me :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

I have the same problem when playing mohaa bt. I thought it was server i connect to.
    Received a customer care call yesterday from iol, wasnt home to take it. Was told they would call back, whats the chances of that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

hmm yeh they cant help me at all,can i use this as an excuse to get out of my 12 month contract?

Advertisement