Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

promises broken

Options
  • 20-06-2004 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭

hey what hapen to eircoms promise to have every town up and runing with broadband by next summer if im right

i know its still quite along away but i know eircom by now no chance

i live in a small town golden co.tipperary and will broadband ever come to my area and i mean ever any one help me i want broadband only for gaming thats all
    im fed up of bloody lags

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

isnt golden a village not a town?

but ya not all towns are upgraded but most towns seem to be on the list to be upgraded
    will be ages before they upgrade villages though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Ireland is so small. Broadband should be available for EVERYONE! No matter where they live.

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dam right OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Broadband should be available for EVERYONE! No matter where they live
    It is...via Satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

na thanks anyway for the help but i want broadband for gaming i cant play via sateillite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the town that snoopdog is talking about only has 200 or 300 ppl so dsl could possibly be years off there, perhaps wireless mite happen there sooner or later, it'd be worth checking out, also there is always isdn, sure its not broadband but it will be a damn deal better than 56k for gaming and with the right modem (eircon diva)and isp (esat) you could get pings as low as 45ms in stuff like counterstrike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by Gonzo
    I think the town that snoopdog is talking about only has 200 or 300 ppl so dsl could possibly be years off

lets face it if eircom were to install dsl in places of that size they would lose alot of money
    so obviously they dont want to do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

i live in hospital ( yes its actually a town ) co.limerick south east near tipp border anyway they said to me 8 months ago it would be here by x mass then they said february then they said april 1st so when april 1st came they said 6-12months coz of not enough demand now if that is not the most bs you have ever heard

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I helped find any information about Golden to see if broadband of any sort wud be available there soon and had no luck but heres information i found about Tipperary country in general.

Broadband Options available in Tipperary

ADSL (Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line): Currently available from multiple vendors in Clonmel, Thurles, Nenagh, and Tipperary Town. Will be available in Cahir in August and Roscrea, Templemore, Carrick-on-suir and Cashel by March 2005

Cable: Provided by Chorus in Clonmel, Thurles and Kilkenny

Satellite: Available everywhere. There are 56,700 telephone lines in total in County Tipperary and 35% of these will be broadband enabled by March 05. However, what this means is that Satellite Broadband is likely to play a large role in bringing broadband to Tipperary.

Wireless: Not available in Tipperary yet, but could play a big part in conjunction with the Group Broadband Sche

Advertisement