Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What comic are you reading at the moment.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

A couple more:

XIII: Where The Indian Walks

Answers to some of the questions from the first volume appear in this second volume, faster than I would have expected them, but there are still plenty of questions to ask. I'm quite curious as to how the next volume will play out given the cliffhanger at the end of this.

A God Somewhere

Having seen some good reviews around for this, I figured I'd take a gamble on it (though I'll admit I picked it up on Amazon as it didn't quite seem worth the £20 it was going for in comic shops). Unfortunately, it wasn't really worth it.

A God Somewhere sets out to tell the story of Eric, an unassuming young man granted superpowers after a mysterious explosion, through the eyes of his best friend Sam and his relationship with those closest to him. The tale has four protagonists - Eric, Sam, Hugh (Eric's brother) and Alma (Hugh's wife).

To begin, we get an ominous intimation of incipient violence and a hint at the story's theme ("No matter who you are or what you do, you're just another character in someone else's story") before getting some slice-of-life comics introducing the relationships between Sam, Eric, Hugh and Alma. Things tick over nicely until an unexplained explosion levels the building where Eric lives.

Surrounded by carnage, he's nonetheless found unscratched, and shortly afterwards the media reporting on the explosion capture footage showing that Eric has superhuman abilities. From there on in, everything changes for all of them.

The story explores how life changes for Sam, Hugh and Alma - firstly because of their association with Eric, and later through the way Eric changes as a result of his abilities. We get a good sense of how they deal with their assigned roles.

Unfortunately, the story treats almost everything to do with Eric as a McGuffin once he attains superpowers. Obviously the intent here is to ensure that focus remains on the characters, not the superpowers, but as a result we don't get any insight whatsoever into Eric's behaviour outside of what he explicitly tells others. This leads to a few very tantalising inklings, but no satisfactory denoument for Eric's character evolution as a whole - which is frustrating given the impact he has on Sam, Alma and Hugh.

This all makes sense in the context of the theme as declared on the opening page, but it makes for an unfulfilling narrative.

Having spent so long talking about the writing, I should make some time to mention the art. I've not seen much of Peter Snejbjerg's artwork, but what I have seen I've appreciated and this tale is no difference. He has a great way of conveying mood and atmosphere through shadows and use of blacks, as well as a good eye for page layouts, and he manages to make the slice-of-life segments of this book as engaging as the more boisterous action sequences. The art here is without fault.

As a different approach to your typical superhero story, A God Somewhere is worth reading. As a standalone narrative, unfortunately, it's at least as flawed as its superpowered protagonist. Get it from the library before deciding to buy it, especially if you're going to be paying full price for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 illogicalloser

Been Reading the Walking Dead series and I have to say it is just stunning. They have approached the idea of how a group of regular people would come to terms with a world taken over by the living dead incredibly. The characters are so believable the situations so horrifically real and beautifully rendered. Great books reccomend them to any casual reader. Keep an eye out for the new mini series being put together as we speak to be aired in the States next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

on a bit of a batman binge at the moment

Batman: The Long Halloween. very good story, great origin for two-face and the Holiday killer isn't too obvious

Batman: Hush. I really don't know what to make of this one. while the characterization of Bruce is excellent and his story with Catwoman is very good, the overall story is a bit weak, far too many villians are shoe-horned in and the book as a whole doesn't really flow.

Batgirl Rising. Very good book that can go many places from here. having a dual lead instead of lead/supporter is one of it's strengths.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. i'm about a quarter of the way through this one. the story is very good so far, but the art is underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Feadpool

Just ordered Volumes 7 and 8 of Judge Dredd, which I think will bring me up to 1984-85 and nearly 400 issues, really great comics, just the right mix of serious earthchanging events, jet black comedy and political commentry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Blacksad - Hardcover with the first three volumes Somewhere within the Shadows, Arctic Nation and Red Soul. Noir with anthropomorphic animals following the cases of detective John Blacksad.

Blacksad_1_action.jpg

I don't know if it was a mistranslation early on but there's a reference to being human before the characters are idenitfying themselves as whatever animal they're drawn as. A bit distracting but I enjoyed them. The stories aren't all that original, really, but it's more a study of people. Plus the art is worth it. I appreciate the continuity between stories despite being self-contained stories. Blacksad
    promises to take a guy to Las Vegas before ultimately having to scatter his ashes which is only shown in an insert between volumes. The next story picks up with Blacksad doing something in Vegas as a consequence of the previous story leading him there.

Blackest Night: Green Lantern - Found it pretty much unfulfilling. Don't care for Mahnke's Larfleeze and Hal Jordan's doing that annoying arrogant/no fear thing which makes him unlikeable to me. Yes, it mostly covers what the Blackest Night hardcover doesn't, but it's, I don't know, like a series of addendums rather than a story occuring simultaneous story. Each issue tells you what's been happening in Blackest Night. The Green Lantern issues would probably have been better off in a book alongside the BN ones but that would have disrupted BN's flow.

Anyone know if any of the other Blackest Night volumes are worth picking up?

Avengers/X-Men: Utopia - I picked up Messiah Complex to get the missing X-Factor issues and this for the missing Dark Avengers stuff. And both had little payoff. I remember an X-friend dismissing Messiah Complex as Baby's Day Out and Utopia's not all that different. Plus I had to suffer through Namor. ;) The X-Men and the Dark Avengers fight for a bit then all go home.

----

Not really much to say about the rest of these as they're mostly more of the same for better or worse:

Naruto 49 - The series seems to be heading toward an end fairly so it makes the author's comment that it would be ending for "a long, long time" in the previous volume a but of a mystery. Course, his perception of a long, long time could be different.

One Piece 27 - The series doesn't seem to be headed toward anything apart from the titular MacGuffin. I like One Piece but I wish it would have more of a payoff than their neverending island hopping.

Lone Wolf 2100 vol 2: The Language of Chaos

Pokémon Adventures vol 2 -
    Meh
    Pokémon Adventures vol 3 - Meh

Blade of the Immortal 5: On Silent Wings II - Spoiled a little by the cover being ahead the events of the book.

Blade of the Immortal 6: Dark Shadows - Interesting divergence in mostly following the villains. Although it was predictable what would happen when you have
    Rin along with her new canine friend having to team with a sadist who feeds her a mystery meet the next day.

"Rin... If you want everyone to like you... ...then you can't even fart when you're out in the street." Good advice. :pac:

Blade of the Immortal 7: Heart of Darkness -
    Stupid jerk dog killer gets his comeuppance
    while the book tricked me into thinking it was gonna get predictable again there was a nice swerve.

Reread: Indiana Jones Adventures 2: Curse of the Invincible Ruby - Because Dark Horse won't put out more stories to feed my Indiana Jones fix. Unless anyone knows of something similar to read?

• Advertisement

Ridley wrote: »

Blackest Night: Green Lantern - Found it pretty much unfulfilling. Don't care for Mahnke's Larfleeze and Hal Jordan's doing that annoying arrogant/no fear thing which makes him unlikeable to me. Yes, it mostly covers what the Blackest Night hardcover doesn't, but it's, I don't know, like a series of addendums rather than a story occuring simultaneous story. Each issue tells you what's been happening in Blackest Night. The Green Lantern issues would probably have been better off in a book alongside the BN ones but that would have disrupted BN's flow.

Anyone know if any of the other Blackest Night volumes are worth picking up?

[

The Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps is a pretty good read. it takes place on it's own for most of it, so there's little to no crossing over with the main Blackest Night book util the end.

Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps is okay, a series of short stories of various members of the different rainbow coalition, though the only really stand out ones are the Saint Walker (blue lantern) story and the (excellent) Superboy Prime story. if you like the concept of all the corps, you'll like this book, if not, it's best left on the shelf.

Edit: to this day, I still don't understand why tie-ins aren't included in the main book

The Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps is a pretty good read. it takes place on it's own for most of it, so there's little to no crossing over with the main Blackest Night book util the end.

Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps is okay, a series of short stories of various members of the different rainbow coalition, though the only really stand out ones are the Saint Walker (blue lantern) story and the (excellent) Superboy Prime story. if you like the concept of all the corps, you'll like this book, if not, it's best left on the shelf.

Edit: to this day, I still don't understand why tie-ins aren't included in the main book

Hrm, I might just move onto Brightest Day then. I like the idea of the Corps but didn't really care for the GLC stuff during the Sinestro Corps War. Or I'll pick them up when I forget a book I'd rather have or find out Larfleeze is in them. :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, last week's reading pile turned out to be quite decently-sized:

Knight & Squire #1

I picked this up on a whim, on the basis that I've quite liked Paul Cornell's writing for Doctor Who and, having seen the preview, it's basically Posh British Batman Goes To The Pub. What's not to like? I quite enjoyed it, and while I'm sure some of the references and noodly obscuria went straight over my head, it was enough fun that I'm on board for #2. If #2 is as good as #1, I'm in for the rest of the miniseries.

Strange Tales 2 #1

Strange Tales was one of the best things I read last year, and while there were a few very shonky stories in there (as with any anthology) there were also some great ones.

This new volume seems set to continue in the same tradition. A great story involving a fight club with mutants who have healing powers opens this up, and highlights of the rest of the volume include Jhonen Vasquez's Wolverine story, the tale of the Fabulous Frogman, and Nick Gurewitch of PBF fame's 2-pager.

I'm definitely in for the remaining 2 issues of this, and am very hopeful that Marvel will make this a regular thing, since there's so obviously scope for a lot of fun from the basic premise.

Liberty Annual 2010

This was a mixed bag, to be honest. I'm a fan of the anthology format because I prefer more short stories than one long one (and I find that tends to improve my odds of at least partly enjoying any given comic). This didn't seem to have much in the way of strong material. Sure, the 4 pager from Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon is lovely, and I laughed at the Boys short story. The Milk & Cheese story is funny enough, and I really liked Gail Simone's 4-pager. But...well...there are things like Boilerplate, which has nice art and a cute gimmick, but doesn't really work across the two pages it has. Then there's 13 of the 48 pages in this comic that are pinup-type pieces. Some of them are nice (eg Paul Pope's double-page pinup) but as a whole they're not quite nice enough to justify being almost 1/3 of this pricey comic.

As far as I know there's been a different editor on this issue than the previous two - I think it's this editorial shift that's at the root of the issue. This is worth a look (not least because of the whole CBLDF angle) but I didn't enjoy as much of this comic as I'd hoped I would.

Sweet Tooth Volume 1

Ever since ztoical turned me onto the Essex County Trilogy I've been keen on Jeff Lemire's work. I picked up Sweet Tooth #1 when it first came out, but quickly realised that I'd want to be tradewaiting this and reading it without ads or monthly breaks between chunks.

Worth the wait? Most definitely. I was unsure at first whether Lemire's art would work in full colour, given how lovely his sparse black and white work was in the Essex County Trilogy, but this is gorgeous stuff. The story is engrossing, and I can't wait until volume 2 comes out next month.

Criminal: The Sinners

This was a perfunctory purchase, really - I'd already bought the single issues of this and muchly enjoyed it. However, I like having Criminal in book form on the shelf so I can re-read it, and I'd somehow forgotten to pick this up when it first came out.

I could go into detail, but what I'll say is the same thing I've said about every volume or single issue of Criminal before - this is an excellent noir comic, with exceptional writing and fabulous artwork. Do yourself a favour and, if you haven't read any of Criminal before, start at the beginning and work your way through the whole lot.

Multiplex Book 1: Enjoy Your Show

Some time ago, someone linked to Multiplex, a webcomic about the lives of a bunch of Multiplex cinema employees. I started reading it, and after a month had read my way through the archives and was up to speed. So, when Gordon McAlpin announced that he had the print copies of the first book up for pre-order, it seemed rude not to buy one. And something like a month after it was shipped (courtesy of the US Postal Service somehow accidentally shipping it to El Salvador initially) it finally arrived.

It's a great collection - there's author commentary on almost all the strips, the quality and print job are above par for a webcomic collection (especially the first volume of a webcomic collection), and there's even a whole bunch of additional incentive material for those wondering why they shouldn't just read it for free on the site.

All in all, this was worth the ~£20 it cost with shipping included. If you can somehow get it for cover price without postage, it's even more worthwhile.

Bought but not read yet:
    Jim Mahfood's Stupid Comics: Phoenix Edition (bought for £2 on sale, so there's almost no way it can turn out to be not worth what I paid for it :D)
    Nice Issues 5 & 6 (some small press/indie anthology in stock at Gosh!)
    Digested #1 by Bobby N
    World War 3 Illustrated: Worlds Without Words (again, bought for £2 on sale so pretty much value for money by definition, when it's over 100 pages long).

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

Grant Morrisson's Batman and Robin series. It rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Keehar wrote: »
    Grant Morrisson's Batman and Robin series. It rocks.
    Last issue is out next week iirc, preparing for a fanboygasm.

My favourite monthly reads right now are Sweet Tooth and Scalped, both really unique and of a consistent quality.

The Bulletproof Coffin has been a great limited series wrapping up next month, so look out for the collected edition whenever that gets published. I guarantee you a really great read.

Also, the first two issues of Chaos War have been really good in my view. I know "events" are normally shat on quite vigorously by online fans, but the first two chapters have been classic over-the-top, imaginative, outrageous superhero craziness and I hope they follow through with it. Like other Marvel events, there's a serious risk of decompression with most of the story being told in limited series and 1shots nobody will read (the jump between the last two issues of Siege are baffling to any reader not dumping a huge amount of cash into irrelevent tie-ins) but I have faith that Greg Pak won't let me down.

ASM has been great over the last 18 months so those trades are worth grabbing and Dan Slott starts his bi-weekly run with it next week which will be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Saggateron

Just finished off Endless Nights in the Sandman Series by Neil Gaiman

Oh my god possibly the best thing ive ever read in my life. Just huge scope of stories and characters also the covers by Dave McKean are amazing he builds them himself. OK ill admit the Sandman was written in 1985-1992 ish but they are as epic and as moving as always.

It deals with one of the seven Endless: Dream, just to clarify they aren't gods, gods die, they are Anthropromophic Projections of verbs. There is Dream, Death, Destiny, Destruction, Delirium, Desire and Dispair.

The main character Dream is the ruler of the domain of dream but even though he comes into every story he doesn't have any story of his own (untill now that is) and that is his tragedy.

So im not gonna go on about it foreverbut if your looking for something amazing its Sandman

Also just finished off the fifth of Mike Magnolia's collected Hellboy Volumes. Very, very good read but the style of drawing with large pools of black everywhere is a little off putting

so yea otherwise any suggestions for me to sink my teeth into?

thanks in advance!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

ZERO KILLER

51upgNyW-rL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Just finished this,its by Arvid Nelson who was behind the top notch Rex Mundi series.Can't wait for the next installment.Great stuff............well worth a look.

The creator of Rex Mundi presents his vision of a shattered alternate future, as brutal gangs struggle for supremacy in a New York City ravaged by nuclear war and catastrophic flooding. All that remains of the once mighty city are skeletal, irradiated skyscrapers, inhabited by thugs who abide by their own twisted rules. While crime lords vie for power and the amoral paramilitary forces of JOCOM torment survivors of the devastation, one skilled outcast - the mysterious Zero - uses his strength and wits to stay a step ahead of everyone. Working for anyone while pledging allegiance to none, Zero is a bounty hunter who hunts the dregs of a ruined society, saving some innocents in the process. When a mission from a mysterious overseas organization is offered to him, Zero sees it as a ticket out of New York to the mythical promised land of Africa - but he's going to have to face some gruesome ghosts from his past first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Just started reading Y The Last Man,

http://www.dccomics.com/vertigo/graphic_novels/?gn=1736

"Written by Brian K. Vaughan (Lost, PRIDE OF BAGHDAD, EX MACHINA) and with art by Pia Guerra, this is the saga of Yorick Brown—the only human survivor of a planet-wide plague that instantly kills every mammal possessing a Y chromosome. Accompanied by a mysterious government agent, a brilliant young geneticist and his pet monkey, Ampersand, Yorick travels the world in search of his lost love and the answer to why he'sthe last man on earth."

I bought Volume one for €32, its hardback and contains 10 issues of the comic + some extra stuff at the end.
    Its not as epic as i had hoped for, well so far anyway but im only a five issues in...

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

The first issue of Morrison's Batman Incorporated came out this week. It's funny, tense, effective and ridiculous. Some really outstanding stuff. Even if you don't buy the monthlies, pick up a copy next time you're in a comic store.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Grievous

Loved Morrison's Batman: The Return #1 and Batman: Inc #1.
    I have been reading his Batman saga since 2005 and it just keeps getting better and fresher every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 elizaphilip

now i read naruto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Richv1

bdk1.jpg
    Title: Batman: The Dark Knight # 1
    Publisher: DC
    Written, Pencilled and Cover by: David Finch
    Inked by: Scott Williams
    Colored by: Alex Sinclair
    Lettered by: Dave Sharpe
    Variant Cover by: Andy Clarke
    Price: $ 3.99 US
    Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
    Comments: Bruce Wayne, Batman is on a case to find a friend from his childhood. Dawn Golden his first crush when they were children is missing and Batman is going to find her. Hes obsessed with it.
    Batman goes looking for answers from a drugged out Killer Croc hes strung out on Venom. Batman, Bruce Wayne is back and he still has it. Tough as nails and one to be feared by the criminal element.
    The villians here are grittier and meaner than usual. They also seem more human. Penguin seems even more warped than usual. He is still one smart bird though and full of avian words.
    It is great to see the original Batman back.

Richard Vasseur
    www.jazmaonline.com

Friendly Neighbo(u)rhood Spider-Man 1: Derailed
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 2: Mystery Date
    Peter Parker, Spider-Man: Civil War

Think I've completed all the books from the start of JMS' run through to One More Day now.

Spider-Man: Kraven's First Hunt
    Spider-Man: New Ways to Die
    Spider-Man: Crime and Punisher

She-Hulk 2: Superhuman Law
    She-Hulk 3: Time Trials

X-Factor 9: Invisible Woman Has Vanished
    - Hooray! I get to see Human Torch in X-Fac-- oh he's been written out as being on holiday. Reed Richards again reveals what an ass he is to the Marvel Universe but all is not as it seems.

Just make an X-Factor TV series that isn't a singing competition already.

Deadpool Classic 3
    - Took a long time to finish because I paused twice during it. First during the greatness that was Deadpool #11 which has the added benefit of the Great Lakes Avengers but it's also the issue where Deadpool and Blind Al basically do a Quantum Leap into 1960s Spider-Man. Been a long time since I've actually lol'd at a comic.

"Did she just start dancing? *sigh* So young to be involved with the crack..."

Since I didn't think that issue could be topped I decided to take a break from the book but eventually took another break at issue #14 due to the two pages dedicated to Blind Al's "How you build a prison" speech. That alone is worth owning the book for, for me.

Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth: Head Trip - Wish it was an ongoing series instead of stopping at #13. The Head Trip subtitle is pointless next to the Merc with a Mouth pun. Basically a thirteen issue arc concerning the adventures of Deadpool and his Zombieverse head with parody covers ahoy. Think they avoiding calling the zombie Headpool in that book for some reason.

The Sentry - Collection of the Marvel Knights Sentry run. Liked it alot but didn't really care for the tie-ins (FF, Hulk, X-Men, Spider-Man). Knew the big reveal from Bendis's resurrection of the character but even so, the ending doesn't seem to have as big an impact for the build up it got.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Sidestory to the game starring Boba Fett. Read it before I played the game and it wasn't good knowing that the
    Gorog wouldn't be dead by the end of the horrible fight with it.
    wink.gif

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Hero of the Confederacy - Meh. Tried to make a Seperatist equivalent of Anakin Skywalker but didn't really utilise it in my opinion.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Deadly Hands of Shon-Ju - Enjoyable story where, during the course of her mission, Jedi Knight Aayla Secura encounters a former Padawan who has set up his own rival school with what knowledge he gained during his time at the Jedi Order.

Star Wars: Legacy 9: Monster

Aztek - Another one that took me a long time to read but this one was because I hate it. I liked the superhero application form at the back of one of the issues but my dislike of DC Comics in general for their love of the cape over the character combined with some awful sequential art makes the story of a man raised as the champion of one Aztec god to battle another not nearly as interesting as it could have been. It rambled on for thirteen issues. Front and back! mad.giftongue.gif

Batman and Robin: Batman vs Robin - Like Batman Reborn I took the chance to read it while it was within arm's reach. Does anyone know what the American reaction was to a Geordie villain of all things speaking with the accent? Irritating for me to read even if I can understand it, like. pacman.gif

Die Hard: Year One vol. 1 - Good cop story set in 1976 which just happens to be linked to the Die Hard franchise through John McClane. While reading it I was surprised and glad They seemed to avoid doing winks to the films then they suddenly got piled into the final issue which was shame. Worth reading nevertheless.

Couple of covers I like aswell.

DieHard_03_CVRB.jpg

Just a shame this one:

DieHard_01_cvrA.jpg

was spoiled by Bruce Willis having been drawn as a chimp. His silhouette would have done wonders.

Assassin's Creed: The Fall #1 - Read first issue when it was loaned to me otherwise I'd wait on the TPB. Like the protagonists but I do wonder how in-depth the story can go against the plot of the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

currently reading Shaun Tans 'The Arrival'. pouring over each page like a work of art. beautiful. Go look for yourselves. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭grumula

The filth, by Grant Morrison.
    mental.
    great fun- totally reminding me of oldschool 2000ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kevincaz

Just getting back into comics since i was kid which is funny cos i have a kid on the way!

Batman: Year One

Watchmen

The Walking Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Just started reading Preacher last week, its good stuff.
    I was hooked after only a few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Going to read what has been released in the Ultimate Marvel series since Ultimatum as I've not read any since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Read two Trades the last week really missed actually having the book in me hand after using so many cbrs, But read Hulk no More which was only okay and also read Ghost rider road to damnation which was my 1st Ghostrider book and i loved it great fun from start to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shoplifters

100 Bullets. I only have volumes 1 & 2 and I really need 3.

They were a gift, a fine gift!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The Worlds greatest superheroes by alex ross and paul dini and icon jim lee bio , well i use to have spiderman and a xmen comic when i was 12 but ya :D

i started on the New Krypton trades but kinda lost interest after about 3. now i'm reading Power Girl: Aliens and Apes, very funny, but the presence of (.)(.) can be a bit of a silly distraction.

Spider-Man: Death and Dating

Fantastic Four: Prime Elements (Hickman vol 2) -
    Pretty meh. Felt like filler considering the ending of the previous collection with
    Franklin Richards creating a universe in his hands
    . Since I know it's coming I imagine a particular page of dialogue is set to
    inspire Torch to kill himself
    down the line.

Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four: Silver Rage - I'm tempted to set up a blog where I just moan about Reed Richards and how much I hate him but I know I wouldn't maintain it. Spider-Man and the FF take on the H'Mojen who have invaded Earth and converted humanity into H'Mojen.

Avengers: The Initiative: Dreams & Nightmares

Siege

Siege -
    Avengers: The Initiative

Siege - Thunderbolts

Conan 9: Free Companions

Predators -
    Collection of the Dark Horse's adaptation of the film and their prequels and sequel comics. Liked it more than I thought I would. The film adaptation is done from the perspective of Isabelle, the sequel covers a year after the film with
    the arrival of some four-armed gorilla-like Predator
    and prequels that puts some more focus on
    Fishburne's rather pointless character
    and what Royce was up to before the film.

Brightest Day vol 1 (Issues #0 - 7) - Enjoying it so far. It's all set-up and managed to make characters who I know next to nothing about interesting. Hopefully the lack of Green Lantern means the Green Lantern: Brightest Day volume doesn't have the same problem of telling a fragmented story with a prologue at the start of each issue to say what's happened in between them like the Blackest Night book did. Don't think I'm going to find out why Earth is so important though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭n0irin

I just finished all of Transmetropolitan, which I adored, and very recently read The Dark Knight Returns.

On my shelf waiting to be read I currently have Batman: Black and White and The Walking Dead: Vol II. I love the feeling of having a few new comic books waiting to be read!

• Advertisement

got through a few recently.

Transformers: Bumbmebee. Dosen't really deserve all the criticism it gets, but is still a little bit disappointing.:(

Transformers, Vol 2: International Incident. Very good, great character development, drives the overall plot forward and changes the status quo.:D

Batman: Heart of Hush. I wanted to read this before i got Hush Money. simply excellent book.:D

Jonah Hex: Only the good die young. reminds me why this guy is one of my favorite comic book characters.:D:D:D

Superman, New Krypton: vol 1 & 2. very hit and miss. some parts are great, but some are quite bad :mad:

Advertisement