Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is quorthon dead?

Options
  • 20-06-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

i've been hearing rumors that quorthon of Bathory has died recently, there have always been rumors about him being dead in circulation, it's hard to know as he's a semi-recluse, www.bathory.se has a thing on their web page saying "in memory of ace/ quorthon" but it doesn't mention him being dead and it has the same thing on his record companies site? i don't know what to think as there has always been rumors. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Time Man

Who are Bathory? I've never heard of them. Shouldn't be hard for yer man to be a semi-recluse as no one would know who he is anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Time Man
    Who are Bathory? I've never heard of them. Shouldn't be hard for yer man to be a semi-recluse as no one would know who he is anyway

Bathory are probably one of the most influential bands in Metal. If you've not heard of them, you'll certainly have heard their influence.

I doubt it Karl, like I said I haven't heard of them so I doubt I've heard music inspired by them. Just like people inspired by Early Pink Floyd, doesn't happen as Sid Barret was crap, any band that took his influence got no where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's got to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gobblor

Originally posted by Doctor J

I have to say I agree with Time Man. Nobody has every heard of Bathory, let alone be influenced by them.

Also, Pink Floyd only got really good after Syd Barrett left. Have you ever heard "I've got a Bike" and "See Emilie Play"? Complete crap. Now, compare that to "Dark Side of the Moon " or "Animals"...... 'nuff said.

Originally posted by Gobblor
    Nobody has every heard of Bathory, let alone be influenced by them.

I've heard of Bathory. So has Jizzlord. So has Angelwhore. So have many other people. A lot of bands I listen to have been influenced by Bathory. Just because you're living in darkness, don't assume the rest of us are too ;)

Ignorant my dear doctor or informed? There's a thin line my friend and you and I are clearly on different sides. As a dear, wise frind once said to me "a fool thinks himself a wiseman and a wiseman thinks himself a fool"

Break it down, you're fooking crazy

Oh, I'd say ignorant. You speak as though your opinion were the gospel itself, though you admit to not knowing all the facts on you're talking about.

Please refer to my previous post, line 2, words 8 through 20. You are the weakest link, goodbye
    Oh, I'd say ignorant. You speak as though your opinion were the gospel itself, though you admit to not knowing all the facts on you're talking about.

• Advertisement

Bye bye Troll :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I have to agree with the Doc on this one....you're a muppet.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

muppet.jpg tbh

come on mistic you cant just join in our little squabble and start calling them muppets. Peace out homeboys
    Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    muppet.jpg tbh

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    muppet.jpg tbh

That was uncalled for. "Doctor_J" was only trying to make a simple point.

"a fool thinks himself a wiseman and a wiseman thinks himself a fool"

You know I couldn't have put it better myself...

So would the fool in question stop beleiving himself such a know-it-all?

I can only answer for myself here AW, not Doc J. Maybe the dude you believe believes he knows it all believes himself he doesn't know it all and believes he's only taking the mick? The only Bathory song I know is Woman of Dark Desires and I have to say I didn't like it very much, the drumming just wrecked my head with all the snare and the vocals seemed very low and too reverbed, not to mention the voice he put on. Just not my cup of tea, now N.E.R.D, there's a band with good production and who will be more influential than your Bathory given time. Jeez I got to turn this off.....phew that's better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

The only Bathory song I know is Woman of Dark Desires and I have to say I didn't like it very much, the drumming just wrecked my head with all the snare and the vocals seemed very low and too reverbed, not to mention the voice he put on. Just not my cup of tea, now N.E.R.D, there's a band with good production and who will be more influential than your Bathory given time. Jeez I got to turn this off.....phew that's better

:rolleyes: troll

anyway, he's dead

All the same, hope the dude rests in peace, bad buzz to die of heart failure at such a young age

• Advertisement

Just not my cup of tea, now N.E.R.D, there's a band with good production and who will be more influential than your Bathory given time.

Well I can see why you're not particularly a fan of Bathory.

But seriously, everyone should check out 'BLOOD FIRE DEATH'.
    One of the best Metal albums ever.

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    But seriously, everyone should check out 'BLOOD FIRE DEATH'.

The name alone sounds stupid. I think I'll give it a miss.

The name alone sounds stupid. I think I'll give it a miss.

I really wonder...
    Do you have any intrest in rock or metal at all, or are you just here to act the plonker?

I love Guns N' Roses, Deep Purple, Primus, etc.

"BLOOD FIRE DEATH" is just a stupid name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I love Guns N' Roses, Deep Purple, Primus, etc.

"BLOOD FIRE DEATH" is just a stupid name.
    You listen to Primus and you're complaining about silly names?

I guess Primus names are just taking the p1ss at the end of the day wheras Blood Fire Death isn't. But maybe I'm wrong? It happens sometimes

I don't mind if you've a different opinion, you're certainly entitled to it.

However...
    What you're not entitled to is multiple accounts, and just downright muppetry/trolling.

I've banned your 'Gobblor' account, Time Man.
    Go read the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Why are you posting here if you don't even know who Bathory are? Buy one of their cds and have a listen. Its excellent music. Get the album Blood Fire Death. You should be embarrassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Spotty_Pr*ck

R.I.P.

Quorthon truly was the god of Herculdor. He will be missed by all who cast their shadow upon the dark cloud of Mecromuk.

"Grak Lumat Ne Palmo Igglott"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

What?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement