Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seti@home

Options
  • 20-06-2004 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting data from the SETI servers? I haven't been able to download any new blocks for a few days now and I'm running out of cached ones to process (oh no!).

Says on their status page that they may be having trouble and I've experienced these blackouts before but not over a matter of days; it's always been short term previously.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

yeah, i've had a few problems. one minute it won't fetch new data, next minute it gets it no bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Ah! I prefer United Devices one cancer is a bit more important than green men!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

What if the green men have a cure for cancer?

I'm experiencing problems too. I'm sure the guys at Berkeley will sort it out soon. They are very clever, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

yeah i saw a news update on the site from friday i think it was saying they were having severe problems with their ISP but they are getting someone out to sort it :-\ *Sigh*

website does'nt even seem to be loading now

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Morgoth

I managed to download a block last night using the screensaver client thing, so hopefully it's sorted, will unleash the cached, pent-up fury of the command line client when I get home. =)

Yeah I must admit I was tempted to move to the cancer one from seti. Don't know why I never have done. o_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

well looks like its all sorted now anyway, got all my units sent in and downloaded fresh ones tonight without any problem. looks like the problem was a faulty router after all that :-\

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Originally posted by Superman
    Ah! I prefer United Devices one cancer is a bit more important than green men!

While I have nothing against the fight for cancer you should keep in mind that if they find a cure they wont be giving it away for free, in fact they will probably become richer then MS.

It isn'yt a reason not to run their client but it should be kept in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well.... in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yeah.. but at least there would be a cure... How many people out there would pay every cent they have or will ever have for a cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Maybe they have found what they were looking for, and are just waiting for the right time to introduce ET to everybody ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement