Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB connection settings?

• 20-06-2004 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

OK, im after moving my broadband connection from one pc to another, without the help of the cd's. I have set up the drivers for the modem (which is USB, i suppose its the same with all customers. Got them off the net) and it seems ok.I also have installed Norton Internet Security. But i cant get the connection to work. I go to network connections and set up a new "high speed internet connection" and put my username as "username@iolbb" and then my password. But the connection just times out and says "cannot connect to remote computer", am i missing something? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

tell us a bit more, are u using the usb xyxel modem, what OS are using, what happened to CD?

I have 2 pc' running with 2 xyxel modems(dont ask) and win98se on one and xp pro on the other. Had lots of bother with xp pro but sorted it in the end. Got the answer from this board.

so say a bit more

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

in true computing fashion, it now just works!

I reinstalled the drivers under the exact same settings, in desperation, and clicked the the dialler with my username and password put in and presto, perfect. Although it is still telling me that im using a 10Mb connection instead of 512kb.

Also, on the modem (zyxel 630) the little USB light keeps flashing on and off. (IOL users will hopefully know what im saying)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

10mb is the speed of ur network card:)

Advertisement