Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cpu Cooler Ever

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I have searched the web but can only find German sites with info on this cooler.

Your link to data sheet does not work pyro....can you send me info on its performace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

138.90 € omg it would need to run the cpu pretty dam cool for that much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

yeah but holy crap has got a serious price tag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

the links work alright, but u need to have acrobat reader installed as the datasheet is a .pdf document. The datasheet is fully in english !

Its weird it only for sale on german web sites and there is not even any info on american sites at all. at least i can't find any.

If anybody finds some more info on that fan (in english) please post the link !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

All i'll say 989g's
    Christ

• Advertisement

Here is a better picture from the top and no fans mounted:
    polargate478_cu_s.jpg

Another pic:
    Verax-polargate-008.jpg

This shows the basic principle of this cooler (i know its in german, i only posted this link for the 2 flashes on the bottom of the page):
    http://www.verax.de/verax.php?SID=1383140d89523983d7&template=cms_entry_technik&groupid=1&entryid=29

I also found out that this cooler is suppose to be as good as watercooling and very very quiet. The air is pushed along 2000cm² of copper til it reaches the CPU. Both fans push the air first against each other and then it curls down into the heat sink. Amazing coolling power of 0.33kW (thats as much as a P4 3200 requires) at only 2000rpm.
    The heat sink converts the air-stream into termic pressure, on the copper lamella a border layer builds up for much better heat conduction.
    The weight is 935grams for the aluminium version and TWISE that for the copper one. This thing is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wouldn't the copper one run the risk of crushing your CPU core at that weight? Nearly 1.8Kg like.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I'd be interested if the fan was faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i think ill stick to my coolermaster jet 7,

though a nice and quiet handy tip is if you have any of the old aero coolers u can unscrew the fan from the heat sink and use it as an exhust fan for the pc v quiet! i did it on my secondary rig here ...............

The heat sink wouldn't push down on the cpu, except u have a desktop and not a tower case. Still though even with my volcano12 i was affraid that the whole socket will rip off the MOBO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 STEFANMAN

Originally posted by magick
    i think ill stick to my coolermaster jet 7,

though a nice and quiet handy tip is if you have any of the old aero coolers u can unscrew the fan from the heat sink and use it as an exhust fan for the pc v quiet! i did it on my secondary rig here ...............

Looks funny alright...(picture),
    try to tidy up ide + power cables to give ur exhaust the right airflow inside ur machine, cableties should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

I think ye should have a look at this, its pretty cool http://www.midlans.net/hardware/heatpipe.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Originally posted by pyrogenx
    The weight is 935grams for the aluminium version and TWISE that for the copper one. This thing is huge!

Sorry mate, clearly says the copper version is 935 grams, the Alu one is half that at around 450 grams, 1.8 Kg for a heatsink is just plain crazy!! (exept maybe for Intell fans...LOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

nitrox - Jeez ur right. i was thinking that weight is crazy alright. Oh yeah, Intel fans are really heavy because they actually do all the processing (How would the Intel?) lol

Thats pretty cool david.

Advertisement