Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imaging a hard drive for RAID

Options
  • 21-06-2004 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Can you make a image of a drive then build a RAID array with the image?

What software is best to do this and how would ya create the image

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

I use Ghost32 on a BartPE disk with my RAID drivers built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ah, im going to format it altogether. Something seems wrong with the OS but i cant find an obvious problem

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    I use Ghost32 on a BartPE disk with my RAID drivers built in.

I was looking at the BartPE, could you explain it to me. What I think it is the OS is basically installed onto a CD??:confused: This is all new ground for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Something seems wrong with the OS but i cant find an obvious problem

so Why do you want to keep this if ?

why not build a fresh install across the new raid array?

Dec

Who's to say that the problem wont crop up after fresh install and with all drivers and programs back in? Maybe there is no problem and its all in my head. Internet Connection problems and sometimes bootup is slow. No viruses, spyware and the drive is defragged.

The only real reason for not doing a clean install is that I dont have all the updates, i have SP1 and a DCOM patches but Im only on 56k and I dont feel like downloadin them again.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dempsey
    I was looking at the BartPE, could you explain it to me. What I think it is the OS is basically installed onto a CD??:confused: This is all new ground for me

Yep, it can be a full OS on a CD if you use the latest PE Builder and pick the XPE option. I use the normal "old-style" PE cos it's more flexible in what plugins you can add to the build. Here's one I made earlier:

Advertisement