Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The super dollar plot-Republican connections

Options
  • 21-06-2004 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Interesting panorama programme on BBC1 last night dealing with North Korea's links to international criminals,the OLD IRA ,the Workers party(here in Ireland) and a huge counterfit dollar Scam.
    Details here
    Apparently Sean Garland of the workers party is a regular visitor according to the programme to the North Korea embassy where he collects the fake cash and sells it on in the UK via bureaux de change (and to other criminal gangs for 60% of face value.)

Whilst in Moscow,the BBC were shown the $500 a night suite that Garland stays in, in the plush 5 star metropole hotel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭curlywee

Have to agree very interesting - One minor point thought the complete lack of interest from the media here - I would have thought this was a brilliant newsworthy story - professional envy maybe !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This was shown up last year in an edition of BBC NI's "Spotlight" but I'm surprised that that person of the Workers Party is still walking around with no sign of a court case or extradition? :confused:

He's still on the website: http://www.workers-party.org/wpcontacts.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eoinm

Originally posted by curlywee
    Have to agree very interesting - One minor point thought the complete lack of interest from the media here - I would have thought this was a brilliant newsworthy story - professional envy maybe !!!

well there were rumours/allegations that RTE news was/is riddled with workers party supporters http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/othelem/media/meehan/meehan03.htm so maybe its a little hushing up?

Advertisement