Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T610 predictive text is FUBAR'd!

Options
  • 21-06-2004 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I got my T610 last October and the past 2 months the predictive text has been getting more and more screwed up. It suggests words I never ever have used in texts, and words that don't make sense/aren't in English.

It's driving me INSANE. Does anyone know if there is a way of resetting the predictive text without having to do a factory reset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm having the same prob myself. Anytime i try to send texts in a hurry i end up doing it a few times over coz the thing is basically messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Go to 'write new'. Press 'more', then 'my words'. Scroll through this list and delete any rubbish. You'll be surprised by the amount of crap that ends up in there after a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

worked for me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by PhoenixRising
    Go to 'write new'. Press 'more', then 'my words'. Scroll through this list and delete any rubbish. You'll be surprised by the amount of crap that ends up in there after a few months.

Naw, that's unrelated to my problem. For instance, if I type 'they' T9 will suggest 'view'. I'm sure i've rarely if ever used that word in a text. Or if I type 'you' it'll come up as 'wot', a word I never use in texts (I use proper words - not text speak - in texts) :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

on my T610 if an alternative T9 word to the default (first) suggestion is selected, after three uses of the alternative it is then made the default...

so by default typing 8439 i get 'they' suggested, but if I selected the second option 'view' instead on three occasions, on the fourth occasion 'view' is now the default... you can "fix" this by selecting the word you want three times and it then becomes the default...

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by DubWireless
    you can "fix" this by selecting the word you want three times and it then becomes the default...

BrianG

ahhhh - this sounds like the answer to the problem! Cheers!

Advertisement