Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20-in on the 20th

Options
  • 21-06-2004 11:13am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well done to the lads last night, I'm still beating myself up for a purely tiredness-inspired all-in move with fnck all.

Sitting near Bohsman all night he was down to 800 at one point with the blinds at 400/800 and won a multiway pot (partly by picking his time well and partly cos of a fnckin' n00b who wouldnt check him down and out, bet and then lost!)
    Then he goes on and wins 750! Played Bohsman!

I played alright, not bad actually as I felt I was getting back to the sort of form I had about 6 weeks ago. Got out-drawn twice for two rebuys at the start when I was getting monster cards but nicely motored along on a tough table until I got a solid right hook from the stupid-fairy.

Walking home last night I went to the cash machine to find I'd run my account up to the limit and was broke! Talk about a kick in the balls when down! I dont think I've been so pissed off with myself about poker as I have in the last week. Its only 2 weeks since I won that 20-in outright but I feel like a serial loser after last night. :(

Moral of the story, if you are tired and have been working sat and sun to meet a deadline. Go home.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

we all make silly mistakes sometimes, I made a bluff when Dave the dealer bet out 2000 on a board showing KJ8xx, and I thought he had nothing and reraised all in for about 10000, when I had pocket sevens....
    I think he must have had a jack cos he thought for ages and eventually folded.

was annoyed at the final table. Would have liked cards better than 86 offsuit to make my final stand on! called a smaller stack's all-in with AK and his pocket 9's stood up.
    fun night though.

Boards did well, Hyzepher and Dapper getting €165 credit in the freeroll and Hyzepher, kencleary and bohsman all finishing in good positions at the final table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

They were my 9s that stood up, couldnt believe my luck when 2people called my double the blinds all in and they both turned over AK to treble me up

DeV you didnt have me beat either even if it had been checked down my A high would have won the pot

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yup but thats not the point, it was idiotic play by him to force anyone out of the hand unless he's pretty sure he had you beat for certain. Which, given he had A6 and hit NOTHING, he didnt.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I was down to 200 when the blinds were 1/2, 3 callers, I had QJ so thought this would be the time to do more than double up. I hit a straight so I got 1,000, worked my way up only to be knocked out in 4th place (with 3 tickets, getting way too used to it at this stage) alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Managed to finish sixth (again) last night. €100. Good game, just didn't see any cards at the final table. Bohsman, you did well because you were very short stacked early on.

I had one monster pot during the rebuy period. I had A10 and called the raise of 250. So did five other people. Flop comes 10,10,5. Absolute dream. Dave the dealer bets 300 on a steal with a 5. Next player calls the bet and the next player. So I go all in for about 1300 and all five players call. Unbelievable. Surely some of them must have thought I had a ten. I took in a monster and there were four rebuys. Strange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement