Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palm repairs

Options
  • 21-06-2004 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

A few years ago I bought a Palm IIIc and it malfunctioned after a while. Now I would have a use for it again but have no idea where to bring it to get it fixed.

It is fully functional except that the backlight that illuminates the screen flickers and is tinted pink.

Does anyone know where I can get this repaired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Hi, the only (authorised) Palm repair center I've used involved sending the unit over to the UK and that was to fix a 'current' (not discontinued) model. I arranged it through PalmOne support... here is the (Dublin) number for Palm Tech Support: (01) 799 7134

You can go through to the Warranty Repair option (even though it isn't under warranty) they will be able to say if that model is still reparable at this stage and quote you a fee if it is...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Thanks for the advice. Is there anyone in Dublin or even in Ireland who is in the business of fixing these kinds of devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

none in Dublin/Ireland that i could find when i went looking last year - any of the retailers just referred to the Palm support line... have found places online (but haven't ordered) that offer replacement batteries or various parts to DIY on most models...

maybe ask on palminfocenter.com or brighgthand.com forums to see if anyone has any pointers...

BrianG

Advertisement