Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel & Middle East & Peace

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Originally posted by tall_freak
    honestly the whole argument of europe and france etc being antisemitic is (in my opinion) a big slap in the face to europe for all they have done to israel....

Israel is involved in the european league in terms of sports... all football matches, olympics, athletics etc are done in association with europe

European universities offer grants and aid to israeli universities for research and help and there is bilateral agreements as well

all israeli citezens can travel to europe without requiring a visa

Europe and israel have trade agreements etc that is not offered to any other country outside europe

Jews in europe have freedom like never before in history...

european leaders like silvio in italy even suggests to add israel to the EU!!!

So for someone to come out and say europe is becoming more antisemetic... and that europe has always been antisemetic , is a very big insult

and woody what is meant by the following remark

"The Arab world and fact's and war's have proven want the total destruction of Israel for the Simple fundamental reason that they are different and civilised."

The arab world is against israel for there treatment to the palestiniens... not because they are diffrenet... and do you think that israels treatment to the native palestiniens is civilised???

have u ever spoke to an arab

did u ever travel to arabic countries and see how "uncivilised" they are

The arab countries... all of them...offered israel a final and comprehensive peace deal in 2002 in the arab summit

withdraw to the 1967 border (as stated by almost all UN resolutions towrads israel)... give the plaestiniens there own country... and we are prepared for a full peace with trade agreements and ceasation of all hostilities...

israels never replyed... never offered any talks... and 2 days later went into jenin and demolished a big chunk of the cities center

so if people are against israels policies (which is diffrent from antisemetic)... i think there is a good reason for it

I am part Israeli and yes i have lived there and also in egypt and being in most Arabs countries with the exception of Iran and Iraq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Originally posted by klaz
    Woody, I've had Bonkey come down hard on a number of my points in relation to Israel, and to my memory, he was correct in most cases. I haven't seen him use his mod powers in an abusive way.

Woody, I'm fairly pro-Israel. However, i reserve the right to criticise their policies, and not be labelled an anti-Semitic. Surely by your reasoning you're being anti-Semitic by being critical of Palestinians, or the other arab nations.

Criticising <spelling?> Israel is not anti-Semitic. however laying the blame for everything under the sun, in an unreasonable manner is. At least from my viewpoint.

Theres multiple reasons for their wish for the destruction of Israel. If you go by the original reasons (from twenty or thirty years ago), it was a religious and regional thing. Nowadays its mostly for the treatment of Palestine. However, tall_freak, you're fooling yourself if you think that this is the only reason.

Klaz point taken on the anti-semtism.

What is going on in the PA is one thing but the previous wars in the last 50 years were to gain Israeli terrortory (Spelling aswell) and to destroy the state.

What is going on in the PA is one thing but the previous wars in the last 50 years were to gain Israeli terrortory (Spelling aswell) and to destroy the state.

Oh I agree. The Arab Nations have never been that interested in looking after one another, except when it comes to dealing with Israel. A common foe would unite them, except for the fact that they remember too well getting their heads handed back to them the last time they tried. And that was without US intervention.

Advertisement