Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC origins

Options
  • 21-06-2004 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Someone recently told me that AC/DC are scottish, is this true. Apparently they moved to Aus where singer Bonn Scott had moved to from Scotland when he was a kid. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nope, Malcolm and Angus have a Scottish background, the rest are Aussies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Time Man

So 3/5 of the band used to be Aussie and now it's only 2/5? which kind of makes tham half and half overall doesn't it? But I guess they are based in Aus in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bon was Scottish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Brian is from Newcastle(England). Malcom, Angus and Bon were born in Scotland but moved to Australia when they were young. I think Cliff was born in England and Phil in Australia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Spot on Creature - their birth certs are below :

http://www.crabsodyinblue.com/acdcbirthcert.htm

They call the band australian because that's where AC/DC was formed....

• Advertisement

And cos they all sound like extras on Home And Away ;)

Originally posted by Doctor J
    And cos they all sound like extras on Home And Away ;)

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME SIR !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Useless AC/DC fact - when they first arrive in UK to tour and promote they caused some confusion with the name. AC/DC being slang for bisexual.

Mike.

Yep - althought they knew about this before they started touring outside aussie, some cab driver down under mentioned it to em.

Originally posted by GoneShootin
    HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME SIR !

Just tellin it like it is :p

• Advertisement

Not true my dear friend doctor J not true, I may be so bold as to point you in the direction of that superbly astounding music television channel VH1, they aired a fine episode of Behind the Music about our dear, true friends AC/DC, in which the finest geordie accent ever heard uttered the words, "the next mornin it was all ova the pa'pas". Aural television history my good doctor, aural television history.

I'm talking about the one's who sound like Australians, not the one who sounds like a Geordie (and used to sing in the band Geordie).

Touché my good doctor, touché

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'll never forget the first time I saw that show. I'd only heard Johnson sing before, then suddenly he rumbles in with a gravelly voice that Fair City's Hannah would be proud of, "Ah wuz neva brut in to repleace Bon..."

Classic.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by mike65
    Useless AC/DC fact - when they first arrive in UK to tour and promote they caused some confusion with the name. AC/DC being slang for bisexual.

Useless AC/DC Fact #2:-

The band is actually named aftera sign Angus Young saw on the back of a sewing machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gobblor

Originally posted by Okie
    Useless AC/DC Fact #2:-

The band is actually named aftera sign Angus Young saw on the back of a sewing machine!

Dude, we've all seen that "VH1: Behind the Music" episode.

As above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by Gobblor
    Dude, we've all seen that "VH1: Behind the Music" episode.

Please pay special attention to the first word in both mine and mike65's post.

It's a useless fact, not exactly rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...and my useles fact was read about in Kerrang about a million years ago!

VHI whats that? ;)

Mike.

Advertisement