Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Bush March

Options
  • 21-06-2004 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Is there such a gathering this weekend in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Got a flyer in the door this morning..

Summarised :

Irish Anti War movement - 0861523542

Protest Sat. 26 June
    Assemble in Clarecastle (outside Ennis) at 10am and march to Dromoland Castle (where he's staying for a night).

Theres a peoples assembly at 2 pm, Saturday 3rd of July in Liberty Hall, Dublin.
    www.irishantiwar.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

its not really about bush its too easy to be anti-bush its about our participation in his actions which we do via shannon

reclaim the skies fri 25th 7pm lidl shannon town centre
    bush off nad don't come back 26th 12pm bunratty castle to dromoland castle(as near as)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gaelic cowboy

Don't believe them most of these people organising these marches are rabid anti americans have nothing to do with them. It wouldn't matter if it was Gore or Bush coming they would still be out roaring

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by gaelic cowboy
    Don't believe them most of these people organising these marches are rabid anti americans have nothing to do with them. It wouldn't matter if it was Gore or Bush coming they would still be out roaring

Same ole, same old...

Any chance you have anything constructive to say? Like some form of criticism that doesn't drag up that old chestnut?

How do you mean how is marching giving out about a war that is over more constructive???

• Advertisement

How do you mean how is marching giving out about a war that is over more constructive???

War over eh? Haven't been reading the papers much then...

Quite apart from all that, its not my job to argue the case of the IAWM/Stop Bush campaign. I'd just like it if just once people could find some other reason to debunk the anti-war movement's arguments without resorting to tarring everybody with the one brush. Millions marched in the US against Bush's foreign policies, are they anti-American?

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Same ole, same old...

Any chance you have anything constructive to say? Like some form of criticism that doesn't drag up that old chestnut?

I am right they do hate americans don't deny it is on the rise or maybe a better word it is more overt since the end of the cold war. You say do i have any form of criticism I do I just criticised the people organising these type of activities. Just watch as Sinn Fein hypocritically lambast Bush on friday for being a distablising force on world peace this from a crowd of terrorist's?????

War over eh? Haven't been reading the papers much then...

Quite apart from all that, its not my job to argue the case of the IAWM/Stop Bush campaign. I'd just like it if just once people could find some other reason to debunk the anti-war movement's arguments without resorting to tarring everybody with the one brush. Millions marched in the US against Bush's foreign policies, are they anti-American?

Those people in america are well entitled to march all they want but the various IAWM groupings are a disturbing mix of groups indeed. A person can march with noble intentions but if people with other ideas are running the show it is best avoided.

So all these people hate Americans then? Ordinary Joe US Citizen?

Can you not seperate government policy from the people. I don't support our government, am I anti-Irish?

Explain how anti-war protestors are anti-American people, not policy.

if you voted aganist the government in the last elections your anti-irish?

iawm groupings are a disturbing mix of groups indeed, they are indeed i have first hand experience of the backstabingness but i still be out on friday doing _my_ bit

• Advertisement

So all these people hate Americans then? Ordinary Joe US Citizen?

Can you not seperate government policy from the people. I don't support our government, am I anti-Irish?

Explain how anti-war protestors are anti-American people, not policy.

I said the organisers of said activities not the marchers most people were just disturbed at war and didn't like it. But I refuse to follow the IAWM while they happily let SF under their umbrella.

I said the organisers of said activities not the marchers most people were just disturbed at war and didn't like it. But I refuse to follow the IAWM while they happily let SF under their umbrella.

Ah, now we're getting somewhere.

You're problem is with Sinn Fein, not with the IAWM or other antiwar groups. You should have said...

apart form the swp is the having the week willied green party etc in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Those people in america are well entitled to march all they want but the various IAWM groupings are a disturbing mix of groups indeed. A person can march with noble intentions but if people with other ideas are running the show it is best avoided.
    You neglected to address the subject of the "war" being "over". How convenient.

adam

people still being killed on both sides americans still suing heavy weaponary (at-10 just yesterday) against iraqis fighters and civilians.... what more do you want

the war is terrorism is still on going ... bush said that i'd never stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

in a technical sense the war is obviously over. The baathists are no longer in power. Whats happenning now is insurgency. By your logic, wars would never end. If neo nazis blew up something in germany next week, that would be a continuation of the second world war.

the war for the americans isn't over....

Originally posted by dahamsta
    You neglected to address the subject of the "war" being "over". How convenient.

adam

Eh explain what you mean you think I said what exactly what do you mean by "how convenient".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

The abuses by American troops in the Abu Ghraib and possibly other Iraqi jails are reason enough to protest, in my opinion. But does anybodu seriously believe he will pay any attention? Many Americans have an inflated sense of their own infallibility and I definitely think this includes Mr.Bush.

so we'll see marching on fri or perhaps in shannon arcade :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What a load of codswallop. I'd imagine quite a sizeable proportion of prostesters will be there because it is him, and because of his actions over various matters.
    I am right..

Glad to see you are leaving room for debate :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

The abuses by American troops in the Abu Ghraib and possibly other Iraqi jails are reason enough to protest, in my opinion. But does anybodu seriously believe he will pay any attention?
    If and that's a big IF any US networks or press media show footage of protests here it might have some influence on the Irish American vote. Now I know most yanks don't care what old Mick thinks but a few votes here and there could make the difference in what looks like a tight race in November. In my opinion I think the Fallujah massacres of 600+ civilians (and some fighters in their own country) by 82nd airborne and 101st armoured is reason enough..and of course the 14,000 killed during and since the invasion. I don't even think Sadam reached this yearly quota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

What Exactly are these Moronic Protesters going to acheive "ZERO"

They will never get near bush.. and to be honest the majority of people in Ireland could'nt give a rat's ass if he comes or goes. Me I welcome him, the looney far left nutters are heading down to clare for a nice weekend of smoking dope,drinking dutch gold and talking bohemian guff.

Get a Job.

If any of you can get by the ARW , PDF and the Garda I hope they get shot as it may put them off with there Bull and pure Bull.

The War has been won and the Civil War is going on...Lets see how anti- yank and ant- coaltion if they see some poor westerner or Korean get his head cut off.

Get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by woody
    If any of you can get by the ARW , PDF and the Garda I hope they get shot as it may put them off with there Bull and pure Bull.
    Between this and wanting Syria to get bombed to hell you really need to work on this aggression of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Things must be bad if you're resorting to the 'old hippy' stereotypes already? I'm surprised you haven't called us all commie pinkos yet.

I don't mind the Communists the Real ones not the muppets here as there idelogies are quiet fair.

So who do you think are 'real communists?'

The Likes of Lenin, Trotski etc... the people in the former soviet union...the majority of the people claiming to be whatever here to it to get laid or are dopey students who not one brain cell between them from smoking to much WEED!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Seeing as people have mentioned human rights abuses Amnesty are holding a demonstration on Thursday 24th June, at lunch time, against the Bush Administrations flouting of international law. This demonstration is part of a wider campaign. Full details here.

Its at lunchtime so those of use with jobs can take part.

• Advertisement

You really don't have the slightest clue. But hey, latching on to cheap, outdated stereotypes in so much easier.

Advertisement