Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Bush March

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Off-topic my friend, but I'll answer it nonetheless. I expect unionists to differentiate between a group of terrorists and the state they claim to represent. I am proud to be an Irish man, but have no time for the IRA. I do respect my flag, and I believe it stands for more than summary execution and thuggery.

You think the Palestinian flag is a flag of terrorism.

You then compare this to unionists thinking the Irish flag is a flag of terrorism.

I'm asking you do you agree with them, as you seem to suggest by comparing the two.

Yes, if I were a unionist I would see the tri-colour as a flag of terrorism, like I do the Ulster flag as a citizen of The Republic of Ireland.
    And yes you are correct it is off-topic.
    The trust of my argument is why on earth do some Irish people at an anti-war march carry the flag of one side in a conflict.
    And as 'bug' pointed out
    as i said Im not sure everyone on the march was in tandum with the anti-war stance

What I despise are the flag wavers people who will not accept that there are terrorists among the Palensineans, whose politicians are doing nothing to stop and are as much to blame for their plight as anyone else....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by por

What I despise are the flag wavers people who will not accept that there are terrorists among the Palensineans

What I dispise is people who seem to think that because someone is of a certain/race/religon that makes them a terrorist.

The sad thing is your applying your same flawed logic to Israel. No one denies there are terrorists in Palistine. However you seem to deny that the actions taken by Israel are somehow legal and just. The Israeli army is conducting State sponsered Terrorism backed up in funds by the US.

Did you also know there are people (Jewish too) in Israel that are as tired of what their government is doing. You know what happens when they protest? They get shot at too.
    , whose politicians are doing nothing to stop and are as much to blame for their plight as anyone else....

How exactly can they stop it when Israel has blown away most of the infrastructure and the politician you harp on about is a prisoner in his own country with an assasination verbally announced by Israel. You do know Palistine is now considered a third world country.

Prehaps if Israel (not as a whole) learned to conduct itself with some actual morals and understanding to other humans I might actually agree with them. But they are the creations of the terrorism on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by por
    Yes, if I were a unionist I would see the tri-colour as a flag of terrorism, like I do the Ulster flag as a citizen of The Republic of Ireland.

I didn't ask if you were a unionist would you see the tricolour as a flag of terrorism. You see, you're reading what I say but not actually listening...

Here it is again:

You think the Palestinian flag is a flag of terrorism.

You then compare this to unionists thinking the Irish flag is a flag of terrorism.

I'm asking you do you agree with them, as you seem to suggest by comparing the two.

Bear in mind I'd like your answer as a citizen of this state.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Back in the bad days of the troubles, the IRA (a terrorist organisation) used the tri-colour as part of their symbolism. What else did you expect unionists to think !!!!!

If you were republican do you see the Ulster flag (much used by loyalist terrorists) as a sign of terrorism, I certainly would.

I bet you are a firm believer in Occam's Razor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

the case in israel is,as everyone knows,that the jews are vital to american business interest,in fact they ARE american business..so hence they are given a country to rule,weapons to rule with and a blind eye to rule how they see fit.
    but now that even those fascist minded ppl in israel are becoming tired of the rule of sharon perhaps a new leaf is about to be turned over?

Hardly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I was living in San Francisco early last year during the huge anti-war marches immediately preceding the outbreak of hostilities, and just as some of you reported happening in Dublin, the front of the march was 'taken over' by Palestinians with hundreds and hundreds of their flags. There was no way that most of the marchers behind were marching 'for Palestine', but that is sort of how it seems if you were an impartial bystander. Fair play to them for getting their message out whenever they can!
    On Saturday I noticed some sort of Shinner march down Ringsend Rd and Pearse St, anyone know what that was about? Managed to draw about 50 participants out of a city of over 1 million...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ionapaul
    On Saturday I noticed some sort of Shinner march down Ringsend Rd and Pearse St, anyone know what that was about? Managed to draw about 50 participants out of a city of over 1 million...
    The Bodenstown Wolfe Tone commemoration? That's probably around this time of year.

Advertisement