Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your fave 80's Slasher

• 21-06-2004 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

You decide people! Personally I gotta pick Jason...love that guy!

Which would YOU choose... 17 votes

Jason Vorhees
    0% 0 votes
    Michael Myers
    47% 8 votes
    Freddie Kruger
    52% 9 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I have a soft spot for Jason, but all three of them have been in far too many bad sequels. The first part of all three franchises were great, but then it all went wobbly...in a few sequels they did interesting things (Jason V : A new Beginning, Halloween 4 - interesting they both did a very similar idea, if I've named the right films), but most of 'em were too formulaic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Gotta vote for Mike purely because Halloween is the daddy of slashers and also my favourite ;).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I like the first and the fourth, the rest (like most slashers) were a bit too repetitive.

That said, the original halloween shouldn't be in the list at all, what with being a 1978 film. [/geek]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Etain

I have to vote for Michael Myers, as the movie, (the original Halloween) was the best slasher movie, he must be the best slasher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I voted for Freddy cos of the series mentioned, whereas I didn't see the full Halloween & Friday 13th series until the 90s, I saw the Nightmare on Elm Street 80s movies all around their releases, so for the time period, they were the most memorable horror movies I saw during the 1980s. /me hugs his Nightmare box set.

That being said, Halloween & Michael Myers rocks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Yeah the only full series I've seen is Friday 13th...have all 10 in me collection! *drools on the floor*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I love them all- but my halloween box rules the lot of them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I remember when I was a kid I used to mix up the halloween theme with the one from the excorist. They're both very alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Frightnight.

Funny and Slashy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kurtmark22

Maniac Cop. Funny, scary(ish) & best of all a fairly good & really 'dark' script. Pity MC2 & sequels were not as good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Iv'e been wanting top check out maniac cop for a while now. Does Bruce have a serious role in this, or does he have the usual comic routines??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kurtmark22

Its mostly serious but with a hint of dark comedy. I can reccomend the film though it is a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

While I preferr the Halloween movies to the Friday the 13th ones, (never a big fan of the Nightmare movies) I had to go for Jason on this one (what with him having the higher body count) and was surprised at the fact that he is coming third.
    Oh well thats life :p

Advertisement