Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matsui needs unblocked

Options
  • 21-06-2004 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Maybe a long shot, but i'll give it a go.
    I have a Matsui 28 DW01 A television that needs unblocking. I have absolutely no idea what the PIN number is and have blocked it 3 times already.

I really don't want to start at 0000 and work up to 9999!!!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Try this: Turn off the TV. On the front panel of the TV, press the Channel Up button and the OTR button at the same time. Keep the buttons pressed, and switch TV on. Keep holding the two buttons for about 10 seconds, the TV should reset. Lash in your new PIN, and away you go!

Might not work, but this is how you unlock most Matsui TVs.

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cglittle

I think that solution only works for Matsui TV/Video combi's

OTR= One Touch Recording.

Don't have an OTR button on my remote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Ah, ok. I suspect though that a similar combo might work for the TV. There has to be less combos of buttons to try than working your way from 0000 to 9999! Maybe a menu button or store button might work with the Ch+ button.

There's someone I can call about this in the morning who might know a bit more. If I find out anything I'll post it up.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Ty this :

Switch set on, when the message appears press volume down on set and number 7 on the handset together and hold for 5 seconds to unlock

Should work

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cglittle

No, that doesn't work.

I don't know but maybe the remote is the problem. Its a replacement, not the original Matsui one. Although the IR code sent from the remote to the set should be the same.

Have also tried Vol Down and CH6 on the remote, then tried all the CH numbers.

Someone suggested replacing the eeprom on the board, but thats a major operation.
    Anything simpler, like cutting a track on the PCB

Also, if anyone knows where i could download the instruction book for it?

I could get it working, but then not figure out how to tune the damn thing in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement