Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bye kids...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Originally posted by Burke
    did u not go out tonight alan???

I ahve 3 more exams you *******! no i didnt go out. I'm a waster. Looks liek you didn't either :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Soon those of us who do Applied Maths will rule the world, and my first action will be Burke's execution! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

lets see... Throwing a projectle knife.... 30degree launch angle... f=ma...... s=ut + 0.5(a)(t^2).... compensate for huge gravitational field surrounding burkes massive head....

that knife should hit.... NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    HA! I'll be off crusing in an Airplane to Hong Kong on Thursday, while you're stuck in here doing an exam. :D:p

I envie you. It should be a great feeling, you knowing that you are on the plane escaping this madness, while other people are sitting in their dark smelly exam halls, sweating out the knowlege, trying to remember stuff which is lost to a thin air, going mad, experiencing mental breakdowns, hallucinating, wondering why they didnt pinch themselfs when they were falling a sleep in a .............[Insert your subject] class, wondering how the experience of freedom feels, setting their crude eyes on the clock, waiting for it to come, to come...

[Exaggerated for the affect]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Originally posted by Demeant0r
    HA! I'll be off crusing in an Airplane to Hong Kong on Thursday, while you're stuck in here doing an exam. :D:p

Give me more incentive, and I WILL HURT YOU. You live in my house, and I have a great desire to put you in pain. :)

Oh and if anyone wants i'll hit him for ye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

that's tres harsh mutant and shol'va. i f**ked up my knees so i couldn't go out!!!!! oh and the lack of €€€'s doesn't help either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

I didn't call this thread "bye kids" it was called "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Went out to the Q-Bar last night. surprsingly busy for a monday. All cocktails were only 4 euro so you can imagine what happened. After 3 pints 6 cocktails and a pint of smirnoff ice I wasn't in a fit state to do, well, anything!!. Still it was a deadly night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Stuey - Seamus was busy making super-threads all last night... they've all been compacted. Q-Bar as in the one in Galway?

Galway??? No tis in dublin. just before o connell bridge

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Sarunas
    Damn your school for having such a great subject.. I was newer given a choice to do such a great subject. Whats on the syllabus?

well lots of ****,
    aleander the great, medea, oeidepus, promethus bound,homer's oddasey and virgil's annied....

and roman art and archatecture....

( i know i cant spell, leave it....)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

I'M FREE

i'm so close.......
    tomorrow,

5pm and i'm free!Fu ck YEah!

that should say

Fuck YEAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

who else was out stuey????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

Originally posted by agent smith
    well lots of ****,
    aleander the great, medea, oeidepus, promethus bound,homer's oddasey and virgil's annied....

and roman art and archatecture....

( i know i cant spell, leave it....)

Must be interesting, well for me atleast. You dont get to her stories about kings killing his father in order to marry his mother. Then blinding himself after finding out he killed his father.... Very interesting....

Wikipedia says the following about Prometheus:

"Prometheus, or Prometheas ("forethought") is the Titan chiefly honored for stealing fire from the gods and giving it to mortals for their use." Nice.... We should see that more often, cough *microsoft* cough...

Do they say that homer was actually blind? And do you get to read _all_ of Iliad? or just parts of it? cause its very long....

well me , slatto, crunch, hanney, hudson, brew, keville, hunter, boden, miguel. Bros and o keeffe and a few others were down in the castle before hand as well

wwwwwoooooooaaaah yeah leavins over. startin to settle in now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Prometheus is the name of the first ship in the BC-303 line of spaceships being constructed secretly by the USAF. Equipped with a hyperdrive and Asgard shields and weapons, the ship is one of Earth's only line's of defense :D

*searches Stargate Repository for more information...*

The X-303 was a major undertaking for Earth technology. A fully fledge spaceship capable of interstellar travel.

The X-303 was built at Area 51 over a matter of years. The hull is composed of a Naquada-Trinium alloy. The hyperdrive was not constructed until the introduction of Naquadria from Kelowna. But before the ship could be finished it was hijacked and taken into orbit.

The Goa'uld in Adrian Conrad, working for Col. Simmons, fixed the hyperdrive's instability, which allowed them to travel 1,200 light years before dropping out of hyperspace at more than a million times the speed of light. After being saved by and then saving the Asgard SG-1 returned the ship to Earth where it finished construction.

The X-303 is capable of reaching orbit in around 30 seconds and is fitted with inertial dampeners and artificial gravity. The ship's sub-light engines are capable of a maximum speed of 110,000 miles per second, over half the speed of light. The ship is capable of holding 8 F-302s in two separate fighter bays, an upper and lower.

As a thanks for saving the Asgard from the Replicators, Thor installed Asgard designed shields and weapons on the Prometheus. When it was finished Col. William Ronson was given command. An energy buffer was created to help the hyperdrive function correctly.

On it's maiden voyage to P7X-009 it was hit by a shockwave from a dying star in hyperspace and the hyperdrive buffer blew. They attempted a short jump to a nearby world with a Stargate but the Naquadria reactor overloaded and had to be ejected where it exploded.

The Prometheus landed on the planet, Tagrea, for repairs, but was left stranded there for more than a year. In that time the Pentagon put Gen. Vidrine in charge of production of additional BC-303 Battle Cruisers.

A captured Al'kesh's hyperdrive was put into the Prometheus, but it wasn't designed for a ship ten times the size of an Al'kesh. It required the ship to make stops along the way to cool down the hyperdrive. On one of these stops the ship was attacked and stranded in a nebula-like gas cloud. Sam was able to free the ship and rescue the crew and Prometheus was safely returned to Earth.

When Anubis launched his attack on Earth and SG-1 attempted to find the Lost City, President Hayes gave command of Prometheus to Gen. Hammond. He defended SG-1's Tel'tac with a squadron of F-302 fighters and then set a collision course for Anubis' ships. Luckily Jack destroyed the fleet and saved Prometheus.

The Prometheus' weapons include dozens of missiles and several turrets mounted with Asgard pulse weapons. Its shields are impressive, able to take a beating from Anubis' powerful battleship.

Along with shields and weapons the Prometheus features many cargo bays and living quarters. There are also escape pods, all of which were jettisoned when the Prometheus was attacked near the gas cloud. The ship is based on both human technology and crystal technology.

Redemption (Part Two) - In exchange for leasing their Stargate to the US, the Russians get the plans for the X-302 and X-303.

Prometheus - The ship is launched before it is finished by a rogue NID team led by Col. Simmons.

Unnatural Selection - Thor sends SG-1 on a mission to bottle up the Replicators using an Asgard time dilation device on the planet Halla.

Disclosure - Maj. Davis tells the foreign diplomats about the Prometheus and it's specs.

Memento - On the shakedown cruise of the Prometheus it is left stranded on the alien planet Tagrea.

Enemy Mine - Col. Edwards' team is mining Naquada for constructing BC-303s under the supervision of Gen. Vidrine.

Grace - The Prometheus returns from Tagrea with a new hyperdrive but is attacked on it's way home.

Lost City (Part Two) - Gen. Hammond leads the Prometheus into battle against Anubis' forces over Antarctica.

Prometheus Unbound - The ship is captured while following up on a distress call from a Goa'uld Al'kesh.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

Shol'va, that's the most interesting thing I've failed to read since my maths text-book.

Advertisement